Browning X Bolt

Wally

Beginner
Jan 14, 2006
Has anyone here been playing with a Browning X Bolt? How is it going, and what do you think about it?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Earlier this year I purchased a X Bolt Stainless Stalker that will be used as my new Elk Rifle. Out of the box the gun liked 175gr Factory Ammo of any type (-MOA) but did not like much else (+MOA to 2MOA). After playing around with several loads I have gotten it consistently shooting sub MOA with 160GR AB's, 160GR Barnes. Now I will start working up 150's and 140's.

I like the feel of the gun. Fit and finish is what one would expect...trigger is good and the magazine accepts some really long reloads.......all in all I am pretty happy with it....it was just a bit more picky that I had expected.

VPETERSO":27fpf2v3 said:
Earlier this year I purchased a X Bolt Stainless Stalker that will be used as my new Elk Rifle. Out of the box the gun liked 175gr Factory Ammo of any type (-MOA) but did not like much else (+MOA to 2MOA). After playing around with several loads I have gotten it consistently shooting sub MOA with 160GR AB's, 160GR Barnes. Now I will start working up 150's and 140's.

I like the feel of the gun. Fit and finish is what one would expect...trigger is good and the magazine accepts some really long reloads.......all in all I am pretty happy with it....it was just a bit more picky that I had expected.

7RemMag?

One of my cousins just got a .270wsm in an X-bolt. Great shooting rifle, actually has me thinking about getting one in 7mm wsm.

Back