Bullets? Nope.Powder?Nope.Primers?...SCORE!

SakoSteve270wsm

Handloader
Apr 17, 2007
Took a drive to Sportsman's Warehouse today (200 mile round trip for me) to pick up a new rifle.Walked into the store and headed to the reloading isle.Looked for bullets first,few partitions and some scattered BT's but not much and NONE in the weights I need. :x Lots of red,green and yellow box bullets. :p Then looked for some Varget.....on back order. :x Most of thier powder is on backorder.Checked for CCI br-4's.....none. :x Then I happened to look at the federal shelf.....2 boxes of GM205M primers ! :shock: :grin: .Grabbed them both ! :p I haven't seen federal match primers in a LONG time !

The last time I was at the sportsman's warehouse in Memphis they were running on all firearms related paraphernalia. especially reloading stuff.

Same here. The Nosler and primer shelves are bare, brass is rare.
The only place that has bullets is Gander Mountain, who has raised their prices to criminal levels, over $50.00 for a box of partitions.

SakoSteve270wsm":319slnwe said:
Took a drive to Sportsman's Warehouse today (200 mile round trip for me) to pick up a new rifle.Walked into the store and headed to the reloading isle.Looked for bullets first,few partitions and some scattered BT's but not much and NONE in the weights I need. :x Lots of red,green and yellow box bullets. :p Then looked for some Varget.....on back order. :x Most of thier powder is on backorder.Checked for CCI br-4's.....none. :x Then I happened to look at the federal shelf.....2 boxes of GM205M primers ! :shock: :grin: .Grabbed them both ! :p I haven't seen federal match primers in a LONG time !

I'm guessing you went to the Rocklin store, correct?

I've been contemplating a trip to the Visalia store, but I'm afraid of how much I'll spend there, if they have anything.

S/W is having credit problems, to many stores to supply with the money supply they have.

baltz526":3j6qnhtw said:
S/W is having credit problems, to many stores to supply with the money supply they have.

Makes sense. They have more stores in the US than Cabelas and do not have the internet sales to help like Cabelas.

Other than the store in Memphis, they have another one in Olive branch MS. I know that's another state, but the stores are less than 10 miles apart! :shock:

Richracer1":1jdg3qvj said:

I've been contemplating a trip to the Visalia store, but I'm afraid of how much I'll spend there, if they have anything.

Yeah Rocklin.The Cabela's store in Boomtown is awful,havn't been to the new BassPro yet,not sure if its worth driving to or not.

SakoSteve270wsm":3agavsnz said:
Richracer1":3agavsnz said:

Yeah Rocklin.The Cabela's store in Boomtown is awful,havn't been to the new BassPro yet,not sure if its worth driving to or not.

I'm still waiting for the Bass Pro to open Bakersfield.

Antelope......

Hit ProBass... they actually had a decent selection of bullets.. again depending on what caliber, but had a fairly well stocked isle...( no powder though )
I hear you about Gander... I found the only two boxes of 6.5 130 A-bonds left in the state there... and yep, they are still there... 49.99 per Box :shock:
There is a little hole in the wall place in south Ft Collins on Hwy 287 that has a pretty darn good stock of bullets and powder.. picked up a can of H414 there today.

I went to the sportsmans wharehouse here in portland or, today,
I was looking for some RL-15. No luck unless I wanted to buy a 5 LB can.
Havent finished working up a load for my new .308 yest so i didnt want to spend 90 bucks on it.
But, mabye i can squeeze lemonade out of the sour situation.
I got a can of RAMSHOT HUNTER.
never tried it before here its good in lots of rounds like the roberts.
gotta find some data for Hunter in the .308.
...tj3006

Try shooters pro shop for your bullets. I just got 2 packs of 180 Partition .30 cal 2nds, for less than 38 bucks including shipping! cant tell the diff between them and the 2 boxes I paid 30 bucks apeace for from cabelas. just ordered 1 box of 160 7mm AB's for $10.00 and a pack of 30 CAL 180 BT for $12.00. 8) shipping is $10.00

I guess in the pre-Obama days everybody is grabbing what they can.

We had to go to Green Bay last week (200 mile round trip) so I went to the DePere Sportsmans Warehouse. Basically they had no powder, not even the large jugs. Bullets were about gone except Speer. And in the 120-165 grain bullets there was nothing. I took the last box of 120 and 140 BT's, and 2 of 4 bricks of Fed lg rifle primers. Also the last bag of 7m-08 brass. The rest of the store shelves were full, just reloading was like mother Hubbards cupboard. Then went to Gander and even though their reloading dept usually has squat they had 3 lbs of H4350 so I chose to get gouged and bought 2 @ 25.00 per.

So with that and the 200 AccuBond 7mm 140s I got from BivWak my reloading future is more secure and my shelves are mostly full.

Long

I know everyone likes to be able to pick up whatever they need at a store, but here is a local shop that I buy everything from in Minnesota. John has a great selection of everything I use (except those darn 210M primers). I find his prices as good or better than any of the big places and I have watched him pack orders right after a call comes in.
http://www.gunstop.com/

Man, I thought we had problems up here with this stuff. $50 for the bullets sounds like Canuck prices :shock: I did get very lucky, though, I found 500 Fed. GM Match primers for my .22-250 along with 1000 Fed. GM Match mag. pimers for my 7mm RUM in a store 150 miles from home & bought them all :lol: I swear that was all I could find in the province :shock: I am O.K. for now but I hope you fellas situation improves for you soon. :)

The Memphis Store was in the same boat today. very little powder Some bullets, 1 bag of 7MM Rem Mag Brass. Had Primers but not alot.

If you find what you need, and another store is out, be sure to have them price check the other store. Here, Gander Mt has lost their minds or think the consumer has at least on their gun/reloading supply prices. I happily make them price check Sportsmans prices (even though it's a ghost town), so I don't get robbed. Can you believe Gander wants 50 bucks for a RCBS standard 223 neck sizing die? Give me a break!!

Back