Carbon remover for baked in carbon

It only took a few minutes in my case. Nowhere near hours. I saturated the fouling and let it soak in a few minutes. 10 minutes or so I’d guess. Then spun a wet bronze brush on the carbon ring for a couple minutes and it was finished. I’ve also used Seafoam fuel additive for stubborn carbon rings. It doesn’t hurt the barrel but doesn’t have the lubricant qualities of kroil.

Roughly how many passes with a bronze brush did you use? I did about 2 hours of scrubbing and brushing, the first several passes with a bronze brush did loosen carbon, and the patches came out black, and gets whiter with each few passes of the bronze brush, then stops showing the carbon on the patches even though there are still some baked in carbon in the first half of the bore, but the carbon ring is gone. I used Butch, Hoppes, Bore Tech Eliminator Carbon remover, the the Copper remover, and it won't loosen anymore carbon. There was little copper streaks and used Copper remover for this. I know you guys mentioned JB , and those pastes but I I would refrain from using abrasives at the moment since they are shooting so well. I was working on the 7mm Mag, 6.5 Creed and the .308. The 7mm Mag is the worst of them all.
Time to take those 3 to the range for some shooting.
I use Kroil and bronze brush also. I try to keep carbon to a minimal so as little work is required.
2 hrs of bushing you might have a larger bore now 😁

I use Kroil and bronze brush also. I try to keep carbon to a minimal so as little work is required.
2 hrs of bushing you might have a larger bore now 😁
HaHa, I meant those few hours consisted of some waiting times in between to let it soak like 10 mins and rebrush / repatch, repeat. :LOL:
Got 3 rifles done, black streaks still remains between the lands about 1/3 of the way down the bore now, with all carbon rings removed. It was worse. Someone did mention the borescopes are evil, lol.

Eric Cortina allegedly uses CLR. But you cant believe:) everything you see on Youtube, Me I just use WipeOut. CL

Back