Cartridges you can NOT do without?

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
OK let's hear your favorites. If in doubt list the last one you would not part with. Rifle/handgun
Mine are:

Rifle ----My SAKO 75 300 RUM
Handgun---- My Kimber Team Match 45 ACP

Glock 23 - .40S&W - "She ain't purty" but there isn't a finer tool for concealed carry, IMO.

Not sure about a rifle, but one I can't do without? My Winchester 94AE 30-30WCF! Works great for the deer woods, and kills everything I shoot it at!

Here are mine:

Rifle: 700 LSS 338 RUM

Handgun: S&W 629 Classic 44 Mag

JD338

JD338":3jby5sck said:
Here are mine:

Rifle: 700 LSS 338 RUM

Handgun: S&W 629 Classic 44 Mag

JD338

Man Jim...so predictable! :wink:

Rem:
No handguns? Come on at least one man!

POP- No thanks. Pistols aren't for me. I cant hit the barn if I was inside. Nah really I'm not that bad, but you just cant shoot very far with pistols. No fun for me if you cant shoot at least 200 yards. The only pistols I know that can do that are those big suckers and there expensive and not worth it in my opinion still. I'll stick with what I know, and thats rifles and long range :p

.300 Winchester Magnum (Big Surprise) - Browning Stainless Stalker topped with Elite 4200 2.5 x 10 x 50mm

.44 Remington Magnum - Ruger Super Blackhawk...never had to use it for what it is for, but I don't want to get caught without when I need it.

concealed carry Hand gun- Kimber elite carry .45acp
plinking hand gun S&W 686 SS 8 3/8 bbl .357
Current rifle rem 700 300win mag
soon to be favorite nosler custom 280 Ai
I think my wife will probably get upset for taking the nosler to bed with me........ She will get used to it in a few years.

remingtonman_25_06":vi92z9h9 said:
POP- No thanks. Pistols aren't for me. I cant hit the barn if I was inside. Nah really I'm not that bad, but you just cant shoot very far with pistols. No fun for me if you cant shoot at least 200 yards. The only pistols I know that can do that are those big suckers and there expensive and not worth it in my opinion still. I'll stick with what I know, and thats rifles and long range :p

Remmy,

We need to get you into the T/C Contenders.
Something like a 7x30 Waters with a 2x8 scope and wala, you have a
200 yd deer hunting handgun. :wink:

JD338

Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless

338 Win Mag and 300 WSM are my two rifles for Alaska!

OK, Pop, I'll bite -- put down near everything in North America, short of grizz, with my Mannlicher .270....and always tote my 4" Model 29 .44 Mag

Remington 700 Classic- 6.5x55

S&W 686 5" 357 Mag.

I have to add a .22 LR rifle- Kimber Hunter (I would part with my .22 last)

Back