CDL SS 243

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
With the rebate out there I did a search for one in a 243. CDL Limited Ed run (I guess) and my knees got weak and I have one on it's way next week. I let a 336C / 35Rem go in the deal.
My plan is to replace the trigger with a Rifle Basix = LV-1K, and drop it in a H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 Sporter Stocks - Mountain Ranger.
This gun has a 24" barrel which has been hard to find in a 243 lately.

I have larger calibers but a big gap between 270WSM and 22-250. I haven't decided on a scope yet. All my other long guns carry Leupolds.
I had another 243 but the first year my wife deer hunted I had her use that gun and you can guess who has it now.
She's not doing too bad, 5 shots - 5 deer.

This is going to be a fun little project this winter!

If its the one I am thinking of its a uncataloged rifle they are doing a few more cdlsf that are not listed is all the 223 also comes to mind.

Dont order that trigger til you try this one as it is the externally adjustable type at least it should be

Nice rifle. I just received my limited 6mm Kool Blue. Shooting it tomorrow.

pix521086896.jpg

pix887514171.jpg

Teknys

Congratulations on the new 243 Win. Sounds like a perfect fit within your battery of rifles.
The Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm would be one great scope to consider. It would cover everything you would want to use a 243 Win for.

For 70 gr bullets, look at IMR 4895. With 90-100 gr bullets, IMR 4350 is tough to beat. :wink:

JD338

I have a Mark 2 6-18x40 mil dot on my savage modle 12. Its a great scope for the money if you are wanting to shoot longer ranges.

IMG_0367-1.jpg

Was going to post a link to them from midway or cabela's but can't find them now. Wonder if they don't make them anymore? I bought it new about a year ago. Really like it.

Looking at the box right now, its black digital camo and says Leupold Tactical Optics on the side. Mark 2 6-18x40mm T1, AO. Almost looks like they are calling it the Mark AR line now.

I seem to recall that as the Mark IV is to the VX III, the Mark II were to the Vari-X IIs. IOW, the optics were the same, but the finish lacked the gold ring, and the mechanical guts may have been toughened a bit.

Jake is correct, as I about purchased one of the older model Mark II's in 6X18. Settled for the VX-II in 6X18 with the LRVD reticle.
When the VX-III changed to VX-3 they changed over to the Mark AR or just AR, not sure, but appear to be great scopes.

I have a VX3 4.5x14x40 w/M1 I had put on sitting right here behind me. I think the CDL 243 will start with that and probably end up staying on that gun.
A buddy of mine has had me looking for a 6mm in a similar style and when I told him about the rumored 2011 CDL SS going to be in a 6mm..... you can guess that he is waiting to see now.

btw- watched a cow elk shot with 270WSM 150 PT yesterday, all I can say is "Has a PT ever let anyone down" wow, full pass and sucked part of her lungs into the shoulder.

Thats awesome. The 150gr PT at 3100 is my heavy load for the my 270WSM. Shoots really well. Scotty

I know we are getting side tracked here but the 150PT is my heavy for my 270WSM, but this year I loaded and used 140AB at 3150 to take a 6pt Bull that dropped in it's tracks, high shoulder shot.

Back