Century arms AR 15????? Need an answer asap

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Are these any good? I wanna get one before it is too late but do not know what brand to stay away from.

Any input? What should I get for accuracy and reliability?

I have heard that Bushmaster, now Remington, is pretty good.
Let us know what you get.

JD338

Never even heard of them before. :(

I have owned Olypic and Bushmaster both were excellent rifles,the Oly was very accurate. It was a heavy barrel flattop that would shoot 1/4" with factory ammo.

I am looking at Century arms but I don't know anything about them and the auction is closing!

Sorry POP, never heard of them....I traded my DPMS Flat Top Heavy Barrel in on my .223 VTR.... Straight 8X Leupy on it and it shot better than I expected... I never did settle on one load as I have a ton of .224 Cal bullets I was just trying to get rid of...
I'm with you... now wishing I'd have kept my hands on it... just to say I've got one.... :evil:

POP,

If i was in the market for another AR i would stick with Bushmaster,S&W,Rock River, and DPMS. You could get the DPMS Sportical for around $700. The Sportical is a very plain jane AR flat top with no dust cover and forward assist.

I had a DPMS Panther Bull 20 Fluted with a 4.5x14x40mm AO Nikon Buckmaster on top of it. I loved the Rifle and it was super accurate. BUT when it came time to tote it around calling Coyotes I quickly learned that it was way heavier than I wanted it to be.

DPMSAR.jpg

I sold the DPMS about a year ago and replaced it with a 16" Bushmaster M4 ORC (Optics Ready Carbine). Man do I love this Bushmaster. I outfitted it with a 1.5x4.5x32mm Bushnell Elite 3200 Firefly Rifle Scope. I used Weaver 1" Extension Quad Lock 4x4 Scope Rings with the supplied Yankee Hill Machine 1/2" Risers to mount the Bushnell. I have also added a JP Enterprises complete Fire Control System with their adjustable trigger, Badger Tactical Charging Handle Latch and 7 C Products Stainless-Steel 20 Round Magazine, and 2 C Products 5 Round Magazines.

BushmasterM4ORC.jpg

I am shooting 55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips with a near maximum charge of H-4895 in Military LC Brass with Remington 7 1/2 Primers. This is a solid 3/4" gun at 100 yards from the bench, and I find it a joy to shoot. Since acquiring this Rifle back in April I have totalled 29 Racoons, 59 Skunks and 8 Coyotes plus a few other varmints thrown in here and there. This is fast becoming my favorite Rifle.

After owning both a DPMS and Bushmaster, of the samples I have had I would have to say the Bushmaster has a little better fit and finish, but either one is an excellent gun.

Larry

Another vote for Bushmaster.
I have a post ban A3 flat top, 16" heavy bbl carbine with a two stage comp trigger. It shoots verry well. A Leupold VXIII 3.5x10 sits on top.

Back