Chance to win Jack O'Connor/Biesen replica rifle

GF1

Beginner
May 17, 2011
For all you Jack O'Connor fans here, the Jack O'Connor Hunting Heritage and Education Center in Lewiston, Idaho, is raffling off a replica of Jack's pet Model 70 .270. Tickets are $25 each.

This rifle is as close to an exact replica of Jack's favorite rifle (his #2 of a pair of Model 70s, rebuilt/restocked in 1959 by Al Biesen, and on display at the center), a pre-64 Model 70 Winchester, rebuilt and stocked by Roger Biesen, Al's son, in the same shop that created the original, to the same standard and pattern as the original. It is also engraved by Jack's granddaughter, Paula Biesen Malicki. This is the #4/2011 rifle of a series, built to identical standards, and it may be the last.

The drawing will occur in about two weeks, at the center. The link below lists the phone number and has pictures of the rifle (it's done, this is the exact rifle the winner will receive); you can buy tickets over the phone. This is an important project for the near term support and funding of the center.

http://jack-oconnor.org/rifle.html

I'd also strongly recommend a visit to the center, located in Jack's home town. Lots of his big game trophies and other O'Connor memorabilia (including his International Travelall, restored by Buck Buckner) are there. Worth the trip.

That is a pretty sharp looking rifle. Hope one of the fellows from this forum wins it. But whoever wins it, they will have a great rifle. Thanks for posting this.

You bet - and should have originally posted that you can also get five tickets for $100.

That would most certainly be worth the call! What a piece of history there. I would almost feel bad about carrying it in the woods, but I would nonetheless! That Biesen family has some incredible talent! Scotty

Well, I didn't win the last drawing, so this one is really my time, right?

Here's the kind of stuff Roger Biesen is turning out...

DSCN3041-1.jpg

That is awesome. Plus, it is still an excellent looking hunting rifle! Scotty

The winner will be drawn on June 4, 2011, at the center. Easy to get these w/ a phone call via credit card. Great rifle, great cause.

What a gorgeous rifle! I do believe it's my time to win!! :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

GF1 how many tickets are they selling?

Don't know how many on the top end, but expect it will be shy of 1000.

Okay I probably should not have bought one, but I did purchase ONE ticket for this rifle. The drawing is on Saturday June 4th so there is still time to get tickets. When I spoke to the folks raffling the rifle off, I was told that it is worth $10,000.00 :!: :shock: Now wouldn't that be something to win?

I was told only up to the maximum of 1000 tickets will be sold. Get them while they are hot! I kind of put it off and put it off until the last minute. Kind of like I did last night at 6:00 PM going on-line to put my boy and I in for special bull elk tags and mule deer buck tags! Maybe like on this rifle they will be right on top brother! :lol:
David

Back