Jack O'Connor Center Visit

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
I visited the Jack O'connor Center today here in Lewiston Idaho.
Very interesting and worth making a detour if your ever in the area.
Just do a search for Jack O'connor and you will find the web site.
Here are a few pics. Sorry, took them with IPhone.
View attachment JOc - Mag01.JPG
View attachment JOc - Bear.JPG
View attachment JOc - Hells Canyon Big Horn.JPG
View attachment JOc - Mule Deer01.JPG
View attachment JOc - Mule Deer02.JPG

More animals and a few of his and Eleanor's rifles are on display.
Again - very interesting to visit.

Thanks for the photos! I bet it was cool seeing his actual rifles, animals, and personal belongings up close!

Great pictures. I would like to visit it the next time im in Idaho. Very cool. I didn't win the JOC rifle by the Biesens so I guess I will have to get to the museum to see it in person. Scotty

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing with us.

JD338

That looks as if it would be a fascinating stop one day when I'm travelling through Idaho.

Thank you for the information. Me being a 270win guy, I would kind of like to see some of Sir Jack's things :wink:
That man was the ultimate outdoors man.

Blessings,
Dan

The next time that the wife and I drive through Idaho, we will have to stop and pay our respects. I have a Win 70, .270 Super Grade stocked with Bastogne, nearly to Jack's specifications, that I have used on deer for nearly 40 years.

My trip to the JOC Center a couple of years ago:
100_0611.jpg

100_0617-1.jpg

100_0613.jpg

Kurt, what is that animal in the center of the picture. No horns but man, it looks wild! :shock: just kidding with ya! Great picture! Scotty

Kurt,

I've never seen a critter like that one in the centre of the last picture. Man, that have it really looking life-like.

beretzs":35gyqssf said:
Kurt, what is that animal in the center of the picture. No horns but man, it looks wild! :shock: just kidding with ya! Great picture! Scotty

That is the feared Cranky Western Surveyor. Usually seen wandering around powerline projects with a lot of gear marked "Trimble", grumbling incessantly about "office pukes" or "goofy monitors". Usually pretty harmless, just don't try to take food off of his plate, or drink his beer. Limbs have been lost that way.

Definitely worth the trip, Guy. And as a bonus, you could stop at Lolo Sporting Goods and see if they still Speer seconds!

BK":3aj814vd said:
beretzs":3aj814vd said:

That is the feared Cranky Western Surveyor. Usually seen wandering around powerline projects with a lot of gear marked "Trimble", grumbling incessantly about "office pukes" or "goofy monitors". Usually pretty harmless, just don't try to take food off of his plate, or drink his beer. Limbs have been lost that way.

I heard about that sub-species of primates somewhere...must have been on animal planet :p

BK says
Definitely worth the trip, Guy. And as a bonus, you could stop at Lolo Sporting Goods and see if they still Speer seconds!

I agree on the trip, however I did pull up Lolo sporting goods web site a couple of weeks ago and I could find out nothing about speer seconds.

AMEN!!! On seeing mule deer like that today. Sure they might be out there but I haven't seen him. :):):) The last one I killed could have with room to spare fit in side the one Jack has on the wall.

IMG_9330-1.jpg

Elkman":gef4guz3 said:
BK says

I agree on the trip, however I did pull up Lolo sporting goods web site a couple of weeks ago and I could find out nothing about speer seconds.

If you've ever been in the store, you'd understand why there's not much on the website... a real old time gun shop... and I mean that in the best way; worn wood floor, stuff tucked everywhere, lots of used shootin' arms where you can actually touch them, the smell of IMR powder and Hoppe's #9, old dogs sometimes laying about.

But heck, it's been quite a while since I've been in there.

BK":2p0bn9uv said:
If you've ever been in the store, you'd understand why there's not much on the website... a real old time gun shop... and I mean that in the best way; worn wood floor, stuff tucked everywhere, lots of used shootin' arms where you can actually touch them, the smell of IMR powder and Hoppe's #9, old dogs sometimes laying about.

But heck, it's been quite a while since I've been in there.

Now that sounds like my kinda place! Scotty

Back