Chipotle Chicken Chili

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Well, it tasted pretty good to me. Mama thought it to be a bit warm, so when I make it next I'll tone it down a little.

Eight chicken thighs (Ideal place for grouse breast--but I've eaten all my grouse at the present)
Freshly ground pepper
One large red onion (diced)
Five or six garlic gloves (diced)
Cumin (about a tablespoon)
Ancho chili powder (one teaspoon)
Chipotle chili powder (one teaspoon)
Smoked paprika (about a tablespoon to 1 1/2 tablespoons)
Kosher salt (a couple of teaspoons)
One 15 ounce can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
One 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
One can cream of chicken soup
Five tomatoes (diced)
Chicken broth (two cups)
Juice of two limes

Chicken on the bottom. Remaining ingredients placed over the chicken. Cook for five hours on high, or until chicken comes apart easily.

I served with a dollop of sour cream.

For mama's sake, I'll leave out the chipotle pepper next time and dice a couple of small jalapenos that are cored and seeded. It makes a hearty soup (not really chili, but it works in Canada). The flavour is delectable and the chicken thighs are a surprise for anyone eating a bowl of this red. I have to imagine that with grouse breast, it would be just as good, though I might be inclined to brown the breasts first.

Sounds delicious!
I'll have my people call your people and we'll do lunch.
Ciao Babe!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DrMike that sound delicious :wink: I personally would stick with chicken as I tend to savour ruffies as there are not very many in the southern part of Saskatchewan. When we go up north for Elk & Moose we always have a 410 with us as a ruffy is a treat.

Blessings,
Dan

Back