Cleaning up question

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
So been back home for almost a month now, the project in Canada didn't pencil out, so they brought me back to the head office. Sure is nice to be home for an extended period of time instead of just for a couple weekends a month. As you can imagine the honey-do list is extensive.
First getting all the new possessions (leatherwork became my new hobby) packed into a place that didn't seem to grow larger in my absence, haha. So we are in the process of mucking and reorganizing the garage, moving stuff from the craft room and gun room into the garage. Its coming along slowly but we'll get there. But it brings up a question;
How many of you keep old product boxes, and is it worth it? Im deciding what to toss, i have most of my firearm boxes that I'll keep, but optics, knives, and misc accessories. Do you toss them and just have one box of spare parts like stock spacers, extra screws, replaced triggers, etc, or not even save the extra??

Firearm and scope boxes are all I keep. Any packaging from accessories is thrown out.

I keep firearms boxes and scope boxes - especially Leupold boxes. If you have the original Leupold scope box, they will repair or replace your scope "no questions asked". I keep the firearms boxes (with original papers) because I think that helps if I ever sell the firearm. I hang on the accessory's boxes for a while until I see if there is a warranty problem with the accessory. Once I know it is OK I toss the box and put the instructions all together in one place, so I know where to find them.

I keep firearms and couple of scope boxes in case of needed return. That's about it. Small stuff gets put in a storage compartment.

Back