Convert Rem 700 ADL to BDL

CAhunter

Beginner
Sep 10, 2009
Hey guys! I have found a complete trigger guard assembly with magazine box, follower and even action screws. Was wondering how hard it would be to convert my ADL to this? I just don't like not having a drop box but the rifle was a great deal. Would it be very hard? Also considering a new stock so if I can do both at the same time I would.

If your gonna get a new stock, get one for a BDL and bolt all yur pieces together... Thats it. If you stick with the ADL, are you good at woodwork? Not that hard.

Thats all there is to it...

Rod

I was considering getting a new stock. The factory ADL is just a black tupperware stock.

CAHunter,

It's all direct plug and play. I believe it's Brownell's that offers the "kit" or bottom metal if you will to switch from ADL to BDL.
There is a screw on the ADL that holds the magazine box to the action. Remove it and you're set to stack the new BDL parts in.

Thanks guys. I thought it was easy but wasn't sure. I am gonna try it soon.

A laminated BDL stock would be nice. :wink:

JD338

JD I was thinking the same thing. Its a SA so if u know of a deal on one let me know. I was gonna first try to fit it to the Tupperware stock as I just bedded it all n removed the pressure point. It was shooting so nice. Under 1/2" at 100. Do I use the spring, follower n magazine box from the Adl? Or do u think I should just use all the stuff from the new one I bought?

We are thinking of make a long range rifle out of my nephews 7mm mag and I have a email from Bell & Carlson regarding stocks for the remington.
They make a couple of real nice stocks.

Blessings,

Got the stock ordered and the trigger assembly on its way. Was thinking of duracoating the rifle before installing it. Ill be sure to post pics soon!

Back