Coyote

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Well I took care of the penetration problem I had with the 50 gr BT in my 22-250 on coyotes. I went to my favorite spot and spotted a coyote about 350 yds away. I called with a hand call and the coyote came in on a dead run stopping about 70 yds out head on. I sent a 60 gr PT on its way hitting her dead center in the chest. The little 60 gr PT exited a couple inches under the tail, dropping her in her tracks.
Coyote0411081.jpg

Coyote0411082.jpg

JD338

JD,
First of all, CONGRATS on the Yote !!! That is PHENOMINAL penetration....I bet she didn't take a step?
I didn't even get an exit on one of those last yotes with the .260 & 95gr V-max's head on.
What powder are you using?

powerstroke,

Here is the load-
22-250Rem60grPT488.jpg

JD338

Great shot and nice yote JD338! I litterally just walked in from yote hunting up in the grasslands. Only thing I got was windburnt. Note to self, when its 25+ mph winds, stay home and reload. The antelope were out thick always. Better them than me on days like today.

Greg Nolan":283wocfn said:
Nice yodel-dog JD. Kind of like a Texas heart shot in reverse :lol:

Inverted Texas Heart Shot. :lol:
Good thinking! :grin:

JD338

JD,

Isnt that shot more like the infamous Co-Axial-Fudgie shot..????

Ya like the RL-15 with the 60's, howzit with the 55 pill?s?

Rod

nodak7mm":1ivkp1ui said:
JD,

Isnt that shot more like the infamous Co-Axial-Fudgie shot..????

Ya like the RL-15 with the 60's, howzit with the 55 pill?s?

Rod

Rod,

Slightly better. :wink:
http://noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7903

I've got some 60 gr BT's to test in my 1:14 twist M700 VLS one of these days.....

Dream Gun Raffle banquet at the clubhouse next Sat. And Russ Durst won last Wed night in the drawing. :lol:

JD338

JD338: GREAT JOB good looking yote. even better shot, must be a real smoker round. also great job on the calling. We all know the the yotes are quick studies on the art of calls. GREAT JOB 8)

As they say in these parts, you tore him a new A-hole.

I think I had better try these in my RRA 24" Varmiter with 1-8 twist, it sure likes the 60V-Max.

Here in MI the season runs from July 15 to April 15. On private property if a coyote is doing or about to do damage, you can shoot them year round.

JD338

Powerstroke":qc81rpur said:
A season on Yotes???? May is about the best time around to hunt them..... :grin:

I agree, I usually see a few in May when I'm out Turkey hunting.

JD338

Oregon considers yotes to be a nusiance animal and season is year round with no limits. I live on the western side where there is not alot of open area and calling one in is difficult.
The eastern Oregon yote hunting is far better.

Back