Curious Three Pointer

smallfries

Beginner
Dec 11, 2005
I was deer hunting a couple weeks ago and had something happened that I never thought I"d see. I hunt two fields the first one is a pasture field. The second is a field where cows dont have access I cross the pasture field to get too 2nd field . I was hunting in the 2nd field and it was about to get dark so i walked slowly through the pasture down a hill sorta in a crease that runs down the hill. When I saw a deer and it saw me thought it was over, but deer walked behind some briars i got my gun up and got ready,deer came out from briarpatch and walked right up to me about 20 yards. I shot it right under white patch in the chest it went about 30 yards. But theirs no doubt in my mind that this deer thought I was another deer . Just wondering if anything like this has ever happened to anybody else in Nosler land.

I have had it happen a few times. Young bucks tend to be quite curious and if they are not startled etc... they sometimes will come fairly close to see what is going on. Good thing you were alert enough to make it work for you. congrats.

Long

Back