CZ!....375 Ruger!

TRIC":1wjv3rq2 said:
No, you mis-understand. I'm sure the 375 Ruger is a fine cartridge. I have read the reviews, and don't fault it's potential. I own several Ruger rifles, in various calibers, and won't ever think of down-grading their workmanship and attention to detail. What I find strange is the mass abundance of exuberance that you are expressing for one particular cartridge!!!! Hell, I haven't seen that much excitement since the Olson Twins announced they were anorexic.....
..............................Well! We all have our little pets, now don`t we?? I wouldn`t call it as you say a "mass abundance of exuberance"......Instead, I`m more inclined to call it "an underdogs delight" because it goes against the status-quo when a new kid on the block (a cartridge) is introduced. It threatens the well established personna or thinking, that the best all around 375 is non other but the H&H round....As you can read from the previous posts, the Ruger round CAN`T possibly threaten that already established status-quo! Why hells bells; it can`t do that!!.............Before I bought my Alaskan, I had 3 friends do everything they could to try and get me to buy the H&H instead. They didn`t read any reviews on the Ruger round. They weren`t open to anything else. They had no other reasons, OTHER THAN, the H&H round has been around since 1912 and you "FOR SURE" won`t find any ammo or reloading supplies for this 375 Ruger!! Its just too new!......Whoopy-do!... That`s not a good enough reason for me not to consider an alternative..........Aside from the round, I look at the rifle too! Isn`t that just as important? I prefer the handier, lighter, shorter or the more compact blasters.....Imagine that! A 375 Ruger from a 20" barrel which is capable of the same H&H ballistics from a 24" or 25" barrel.....Hmmmm!...........That will be one the big major keys to the 375 Ruger`s success; the rifles chambered for it! No 20" barrels in the H&H round. With its longer casing, the H&H can`t be as efficient in the shorter tube! But the .375 Ruger can!..... After my Alaskan came in "the boys" really like it now!....................BTW! I also own a 300 WSM Ruger Frontier w/ a 16.5" barrel. Earlier as well, they tried to talk me out of that one too! HELL! You`re gonna lose gobs of velocity!! That`s only a 100 yard deer rifle!! Bla Bla Bla! I read the reviews; they didn`t!! I knew things that they didn`t know..........Well to prove them I wrong, I chrono`d some reloads in their presence! That little 16.5" barrel well exceeds the ballistics of a 24" barreled 30-06!! One of them now owns a Frontier ............They tried to talk me out of my Elite 4200 too! BUSHNELLS SUCK! Well I got one. After they all looked through it, they now really like it...........................I just love the pre-conceived notions or assumptions that people have saying this sucks or that sucks or this won`t succeed or that won`t succeed. I just like spreading the final icing on the cake and letting my original intuition do the talking; hence "the underdog"...............

Even in the face of reason, a tart refuses to admit her true colors...

Well I don't know what makes a deer or black bear less deserving of a .375 caliber bullet than any other game animal. I have the .375 Ruger as well, and so far I enjoy shooting this caliber. My rifle isn't ready to hunt yet but hopefully will be by elk season this year. The Ruger is my first taste of the the large bores, and I built it because my action wasn't suitable for the H&H. All of this doesn't stop me from dreaming about a beautiful walnut stocked rifle in .375 H&H.

I WANT AN H&H!

taylorce1":2zb70d9b said:
Well I don't know what makes a deer or black bear less deserving of a .375 caliber bullet than any other game animal. I have the .375 Ruger as well, and so far I enjoy shooting this caliber. My rifle isn't ready to hunt yet but hopefully will be by elk season this year. The Ruger is my first taste of the the large bores, and I built it because my action wasn't suitable for the H&H. All of this doesn't stop me from dreaming about a beautiful walnut stocked rifle in .375 H&H.

I WANT AN H&H!
....................I went back and looked at your pics......Tell ya what!......I`ll be happy to take that 375 Ruger off yer hands for a real good price and then I`ll cancel my Howa order?..............Then you can get a beautifully stocked H&H that you`ve been dreaming about??!!!

Big Squeeze":17xs13rm said:
taylorce1":17xs13rm said:

I WANT AN H&H!
....................I went back and looked at your pics......Tell ya what!......I`ll be happy to take that 375 Ruger off yer hands for a real good price and then I`ll cancel my Howa order?..............Then you can get a beautifully stocked H&H that you`ve been dreaming about??!!!

Nice try Big S, I plan on having both! :grin:

I'm sure the Ruger will stay in my inventory for a long time to come.

taylorce1":3ipzzzu9 said:
Big Squeeze":3ipzzzu9 said:
taylorce1":3ipzzzu9 said:

I WANT AN H&H!

Nice try Big S, I plan on having both! :grin:

I'm sure the Ruger will stay in my inventory for a long time to come.
..............................It was a good thought! Two 375`s?? Hmmm..........The Ruger though will make an EXCELLENT back up for the H&H. Gotta go with that seniority! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I own a 375 Ruger in the African and LOVE IT!!!, but if I had the chance I would buy a pre 64 Winny in a H&H in a heart beat. A good handloaded H&H may be 50 or so FPS slower (if that) but for me it would be about history and see no problems owning both. What ever is getting hit at the other end won't care what gun it came out of. I also believe that because the big bore market is probubly the least popular in terms of sales that the 375 Ruger might take a while to fully catch on. The whole shorter gun thing seems to be the craze right now with all the WSM,WSSM, RSAUM, and now the RCM. Only time will tell.

jmad_81":1nmwfmev said:
I own a 375 Ruger in the African and LOVE IT!!!, but if I had the chance I would buy a pre 64 Winny in a H&H in a heart beat. A good handloaded H&H may be 50 or so FPS slower (if that) but for me it would be about history and see no problems owning both. What ever is getting hit at the other end won't care what gun it came out of. I also believe that because the big bore market is probubly the least popular in terms of sales that the 375 Ruger might take a while to fully catch on. The whole shorter gun thing seems to be the craze right now with all the WSM,WSSM, RSAUM, and now the RCM. Only time will tell.
...........................Congrats on your Ruger African ownership! Good luck in finding a pre `64 in the H&H. You just may run across one...........My gun dealer here in So. Calif. says that he can`t keep enough .375 Rugers in the racks, especially in the 20" ers! And in his two stores, they are out selling the .375 H&H rifles by a wide margin. He also says people are coming in and asking for them, because they see the magazine advertisements, articles and watch the Outdoor (hunting) Channel where Hornady and Ruger do alot of advertising....... According to him, it is not just the .375 Ruger cartridge alone, it is also the rifles. The shorter lengths, lighter weights and the lower price points are the 3 key reasons why they sell very well!!................No doubt , it will take a long time to fully catch on. So far the evidence is quite clear that the 375 Ruger is well on its way............

Back