Darn it is on back order.....

Fotis,

It might be worth emailing Zeiss asking them if their scope will hold up to the recoil of a braked 378 Wby. :idea:
At least you will have their response in writing.

JD338

Everyone I have talked to said "sure you should have no problem" including Leupold! :lol:

I have had good success with the Conquest, though I can't say that I've scoped any hard-kicking rifles with one. We moved a lot of them onto a variety of rifles during the past number of years, however, and I haven't heard of any giving up the ghost. Then, again, I haven't heard of any Leupolds surrendering to any rifles in recent years.

bullet have that same scope on his 375 Weatherby that Frank and I took to Africa. That scope performed flawlessly.

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

FOTIS":pser6rlh said:
The 3x9 heavy duty SWFA Super sniper is on back order. No ETA Darn!!!!

I can either wait or cancel the order and go with this.

What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-Conquest- ... 20c56290e6

I am so confused right now. :? :(

Is this the same scope Fotis?

http://www.samplelist.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x4 ... le+List%29

Here is another scope which would probably take your 378 Fotis? I know the S&B's on the long guns are tougher than woodpecker lips..

http://www.samplelist.com/Schmidt-Bende ... le+List%29

Yes it is~\

Got me thinking on the S&B

The Leica is a pretty skookum scope. I have the 2.5-10X42; it is a clear scope that serves me well.

DrMike":lerxzvuc said:
The Leica is a pretty skookum scope. I have the 2.5-10X42; it is a clear scope that serves me well.

It is on my hit hit of things to have in the future..

Either the S&B or the Leica would serve one quite well. I've never owned a S&B, but I probably should. I've had a few Leicas, and I likely will have some more in the future.

FYI fellas:

Dear Mr. Papadopoulos

Thank you for your inquiry to Carl Zeiss.

Conquest or Victory series riflescopes would hold up fine. We commonly use these with Weatherby rifles with muzzle breaks. Recoil resistance for any of our scopes is about 4x a .460 Weatherby mag so it should be no problem.

Hoping to be of service to you we kindly ask you to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Richard Moncrief

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Very Best Regards,

Richard W. Moncrief

Training Manager

Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.
Sports Optics
13005 N. Kingston Avenue
Chester, VA 23836 USA

Phone: +1 804 425 8455
Fax: +1 804 530 8481
mailto:rmoncrief@zeiss.com
http://www.zeiss.com/sports

That sounds very promising Fotis.
Have you by any chance emailed Weatherby to see if they have any suggestions? Just a thought.

Good luck on your next scope!

My 2.5-8x32 Conquest has spent all of its (5) year life on either the .340 Bee (1 year) or the .45-70 (4 years) without a hiccup. I am a little surprised that yours failed? I would call Zeiss USA and talk to a Customer Service person and ask them, try and find someone who works in QA testing or something.

The SWFA scope comes from Japan. They are often in backorder. I suspect that SWFA does not put a lot of working capital in their own scope line inventory? Everytime that I order anything but Leupold scopes from them, it is out of stock!

Fotis, I have always been partial to the Leupold scope and now that I have tried both Minox & Leica I would not be afraid to place either one of them on your Bee.
I think myself the Leica would be first choice between the 2 but the ZA5 Minox is good quality.

Blessings,
Dan

You could always borrow one of Scotty's Minox scopes to see if it will live. If it doesn't it should be back from repair before he's back from the sandbox.

You could always borrow one of Scotty's Minox scopes to see if it will live. If it doesn't it should be back from repair before he's back from the sandbox.

Great suggestion! I'm certain Scotty wouldn't be opposed to such a test. :mrgreen:

I would have to agree with that, Scotty is such a good friend to most of us 8) he would surely let Fotis give it a try before letting a friend spend extra money.

Blessings,
Dan

Back