Day 2 - Camp Wainwright

super-7

Handloader
Jun 27, 2009
c3e555aaaaf472ecdc09401ea87be4ef.jpg

Just another sunny Alberta day, maybe the deer will be moving to stay warm just like us!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure, you should see deer moving. I've heard there is some fine hunting. Just be certain the Canadian Forces are conducting live fire exercises! :shock:

Another slow day , weather was a factor!!
Not deterred heading back tomarrow for one last kick of the can . Will take a few pics to put on the forum.

652b28bc3b9e88456de5f0260c67ee49.jpg

It's a good thing the carbon tax doesn't kick in for a few weeks for us here!!! Cause I'm letting my Duramax run all day. Lol. Started it at 5:15 to leave by 6. Seats are hard as a rock, whomever invented heated seats should be up for saint hood.
This is the last go for us hoping we can locate an animal or 4 !! Not too sure if the straight jacket will with stand these temps , but we must be certifiable to head out following this pursuit!! Updates to follow ,I may cave and bring my phone out of the truck with me just to snap a few shots of the area for those interested.
S7:)

We're all pulling for you. Yeah, it's a bit brisk on this side of the line as well. Here's to success today! (y)

Well day 3 came and went with no deer tagged by us.
For as terrible the weather was by noon it was a balmy -17 and just a light breeze.
We put some miles on the boots and seen a lot of good country, the deer just weren't going to cooperate.

d5b39ddaec8af0e7da918c8f86f739fc.jpg

The terrain.
d8d01adae9782130bda0f46d9e72683d.jpg

We seen several of these, no tags so smile and wave!!
022a6ad6379b866aa10c11464ca28dc4.jpg

Only 5 km back to the truck ( as the crow flies.. nice day for a walk !!
472f5d0ef883c7f814456d7678f66c05.jpg

Maybe next year, time to switch to calling coyotes!

Sorry to hear you have no deer tagged. Still, without wind, it is at least tolerable when the temps are low. You gave it a mighty effort, and for that you are to be commended.

We're having a Chinook right now. The temperature has risen to 0 C this morning and the wind is blowing hard. I see the driveway and walk is covered with snow blown in by the wind.

Looks darn chilly out your way to 35, I find after a cold snap the coyotes call in a bit easier.

35 Whelen":3ocrisu8 said:

Friday here in Northern Maine
It was 14*f here inMD on Fri and had an ice storm Fri night Sat mourning Now its 55*f and all the ice is gone. Crazy weather :?:

-3 in Pendleton over the weekend. The dogs hunted well in a foot of snow.

Super7 sorry to hear about the severe hunting weather I know the temperatures here were not fit for Man or Beast so I give you guys all the credit for giving a good effort. On the 22nd my Son & I headed out for a late season Pheasant the temp rose to -6C which wasn't to bad but we drove the last 45 miles on a pure sheet of ice :shock: once on the gravel it was not too bad we ended up with 4 real nice Rooster so it was a great day. I am hoping to get out one last time this coming Thursday for a last crack at them Roosters after that it will be hard water hook washing :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Back