Did some 7-08 testing today

7mm-08 is one cartridge I don't currently hunt with, but I've been a fan of it from the very first one I loaded for. Easy to shoot, easy to load for.........punches above it's weight according to the reports I get back on deer killed at some pretty fair distances from guys I load for.

I always whole heartedly give it positive reviews whenever it comes up in conversation with somebody. I really like it, yet as of now I do not have a rifle that I'm shooting and hunting with in it. I have a Rem 788 in 7mm-08 carbine that shot really well right out of the gate, but it's in such pristine shape I hate to hunt it. Am looking for another as a regular use rifle.

7mm-08 is one cartridge I don't currently hunt with, but I've been a fan of it from the very first one I loaded for. Easy to shoot, easy to load for.........punches above it's weight according to the reports I get back on deer killed at some pretty fair distances from guys I load for.

I always whole heartedly give it positive reviews whenever it comes up in conversation with somebody. I really like it, yet as of now I do not have a rifle that I'm shooting and hunting with in it. I have a Rem 788 in 7mm-08 carbine that shot really well right out of the gate, but it's in such pristine shape I hate to hunt it. Am looking for another as a regular use rifle.
I’ve killed two deer over 500 yards with 140 gr Partitions.

The Mighty -08 is no joke.

P

Will be working up loads this spring in a 7mm-08 Rem 700 BDL. This is a good friend's gun that his parents bought him in the 80's.
We chose to use the 130 gr Absolute hammers for elk deer and antelope.

Will be working up loads this spring in a 7mm-08 Rem 700 BDL. This is a good friend's gun that his parents bought him in the 80's.
We chose to use the 130 gr Absolute hammers for elk deer and antelope
That will be a great combo. I have some 119 gr Absolute hammers I hope to start working with in our 7-08's for the youngin's. Should be light recoiling with plenty of punch for WT, hogs, and maybe a black bear.

That will be a great combo. I have some 119 gr Absolute hammers I hope to start working with in our 7-08's for the youngin's. Should be light recoiling with plenty of punch for WT, hogs, and maybe a black bear.
absolutely!

45 gr of TAC is good for 3100 fps from a 20" tube----easily done!

Back