Do I need a 243/6mm or 6.5mm?

SJB358":hgb5zjlc said:
Even being a Winchester nut, I'd love a 6.5x55 in a Remington Classic. I haven't even seen one for sale. I imagine there is a reason.. :lol:
Oh my I cannot believe those words came out of your mouth Scotty!! :shock: :shock: The Remington Classics were one of the more handsome Remington's made though that's for sure. The Classic, the Mountain Rifle, and the CDL are each at the top in my book and none is better than the other. Just have to junk the trigger and put a good one on. Man I'm still taking this in, you said Remington!

6mm Remington":381ynte1 said:
SJB358":381ynte1 said:
Even being a Winchester nut, I'd love a 6.5x55 in a Remington Classic. I haven't even seen one for sale. I imagine there is a reason.. :lol:
Oh my I cannot believe those words came out of your mouth Scotty!! :shock: :shock: The Remington Classics were one of the more handsome Remington's made though that's for sure. The Classic, the Mountain Rifle, and the CDL are each at the top in my book and none is better than the other. Just have to junk the trigger and put a good one on. Man I'm still taking this in, you said Remington!

Don't get excited, David. I fixed your post. :mrgreen:

Hey 6mm,

All the Winchester fans out there will usually, although reluctantly, admit that there are some really nice Remingtons out there, and that some of them are shooters to boot!

Ask the good Dr just how many REMINGTONS he has in his safe! I have always teased him about his lusting after my custom and stock Remington rifles, and he finally broke down and bought a few! (a Model 673 350 rem mag, a Model700 CDL SF Limited 257 Roberts, a Model 7 260 rem, and a Model 700 LSS Limited in 280 Remington)

And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks! LOL

They were moping on a gun rack when I found them. I'm a compassionate guy who will rescue even ugly ducklings. I may be an old dog, but I'm a compassionate old dog. :grin:

Blkram it looks like you woke the old doctor up! :lol: He's going to have to come out of the Closet so to speak on this one. :oops: :shock:

So, let's say that I have a long action purchase in the works. What do you guys think I should build with it? I'm thinking 6mm-06 or 6.5-284. Maybe even 284 win, though I already have a 280.

ScreaminEagle":2tshi11t said:
So, let's say that I have a long action purchase in the works. What do you guys think I should build with it? I'm thinking 6mm-06 or 6.5-284. Maybe even 284 win, though I already have a 280.

6.5-280AI go something cool and different or a 6-284

6mm Remington":cyri5fcs said:
SJB358":cyri5fcs said:

Says the man who decided to build his 280AI on a M70!! Is the kettle black??

nvbroncrider":3kfaft6j said:
ScreaminEagle":3kfaft6j said:

6.5-280AI go something cool and different or a 6-284

I'm not sure about another AI. While they do have a lot of cool factor, its a pain in the butt to fire form all that brass. Too bad the action I'm getting isn't a mag bolt face, cause a 264WM would be sweet!

6-06 or 6.5-06?
Pretty easy to get and form brass. Neck some 25-06 up or down and you're good to go. :grin:
Don't even have to AI the 6.5-06.

6.5-06 would be very nice and easy to load for and you could neck down the 280 brass or neck up 25-06 brass. It would be a reach out and touch something round and not be a barrel burner.

The 6.5-06 seems like a very cool cat to me. Everything about it looks really good. It has the ability to run 140's very comfortably and also the lighter bullets as well. Should be super easy makin brass for it and it would be a lot of fun. I've got a 264 but if I were building a 6.5 for hunting, the 6.5-06 would be the tops in my mind. I don't think I would like fireforming brass since most of the time when ran psi to psi there is little gain unless your starting with a case with a lot of taper.

A 6.5 Swede is another that'll run hard as well if set up correctly.

ScreaminEagle":28pkx2la said:

Each has a lot to recommend it to the serious gun crank. I'd lean toward the 6.5-284, but only because properly head-stamped brass is available. I do like my .284 and my .280s. Duplication of ballistics has never been a detriment in rifles for me.

Back