Don't you hate brass trimming

FOTIS":2scvh7pq said:
I have to agree with FOTIS.This tool has forever changed my world in case prep and all the tools are included with the unit.After resizing the brass,I run them through my tumbler to remove the case lube,then trim,chamfer,deburr,clean primer pockets at a rate of 4 cases a minute with the Frankford Prep unit and I'm done.I now have bags of brass that is just waiting to be loaded when I need it.It's so simple and so easy to use you will say Wow! when your done.

I use the Frankford Arsenal trimmer. It’s pretty quick and will mow through brass pretty quick. I minimize trimming by keeping sizers set up just enough to rechamber in my guns. Expander mandrel pushing Into the neck doesn’t hurt either.

I used to despise it until I got the WFT2. I use it in conjunction with the RCBS case prep center. It works well enough I don't see a reason to change to the Giraud.

TackDriver284":i0hp4xnq said:
greenheadcaller, that is a great write up. You explained it real well. Talked my wife into getting myself an early Christmas present and she said that I just maxed myself out on Christmas presents if I buy it. :mrgreen: Ordered the Giraud machine and should be getting it next week. Thanks for the advises. (y)

I should be able to do 100 cases in 10 minutes or less instead of two hours.

Side note, The Giraud Tri-Way is cool, but they do not come in 6.5mm, so I settled for the machine which has all calibers.

Awesome, congrats!! Enjoy the present to yourself! Will be interested in your thoughts on the trimmer after you get it and have run a pile.

There is no easier way to avoid trimming then by not having to do it in the first place.... I have the Sinclair chamber inserts for every caliber I have and it is amazing how much less trimming I do nowadays now that I know the exact dimension of my needs for trimming. Most guns have an easy .015 to .020 extra room over and above Sammi specs. Sometimes I have actually run brass until it's tired enough to throw away without ever trimming.... almost never have I had to trim more than one time before wearing out brass.

greenheadcaller":8rs19xd4 said:
Tackdriver,

What are your thoughts on your Giraud Trimmer?

It's an awesome machine, I ordered some Hornady lock rings so when I make the cutting adjustments for each caliber, its already adjusted and locked for next reloading. It's fast trimming and a nice bevel inside and outside. The mouth tends to be a little sharp, so I got a socket and stuffed some steel wool inside and just stick the mouth of the case against the steel wool and spin the socket to smooth / dull it out a little. Took me 10 minutes to do 100 cases. Beats cranking the handle.

Back