Double barrel pistol

thunderbucket

Beginner
Dec 29, 2006
Have any of you ever heard of a 320 cal ?...Old double barrel pistol is chambered for it and I was asked to find ammo,if possible.Pistol was made in Belgium around 1909,ammo is center fire,and has hammers with a smooth bore....My own personal guess is it might be a forerunner of our 32 short.

Dad has an old double-barrel pistol that might be very similar to yours. I've never fired it, and I don't think he has any ammo for it either anymore. Seems to me that when I was a kid, Grandpa made some ammo for it, possibly by cutting down .30-30 cartridges... But that was a long time ago. I'll see if I can dig up any info on the pistol from Dad.

Might take a while. Neat old piece of gear.

Is it, in fact, a so-called 32 short colt? One enthusiast appears to state that the 32 short colt and the .320 are one and the same. I did manage with a search through bing.ca to find dies for a .320. Interesting.

I don't know if this will be of help to you, but the article at this url is interesting. The author gives some data for loading the 32 short colt. Assuming it is one and the same, the data might be of value to you.

http://www.gunfighter.com/cgi-bin/bbs/cowboy-a/cowboy-a.cgi?read=5589

Back