Easy Venison steaks

G

Well, tonight was the first in a good while (since finishing off the venison from last season) we were able to have venison. I thawed some venison backstrap steaks for the grill this afternoon. I do these using a very easy method - Lawry's Mesquite Lime marinade for about 30min, then grilled to around medium rare/medium. Pretty quick and easy to make, and the great part is, delicious with several varieties of sides. Tonight we paired them with red potatoes and green beans. The kids all cleaned their plates, and asked for seconds on the steaks. Here they are after "tenting" under foil for 10min post-grilling, right before I took the knife to them:

8deb4c93-a30a-42c2-937a-fb1260b80d05_zpsff1fbd00.jpg

If you can get Lawry's, try their mesquite lime on your venison. Cook it slow on the grill and not too long, and you won't be disappointed.

Sorry for the terrible cellphone pic. They tasted better than that makes them look.

I have no doubt it was great table fare. Thanks for posting, dubyam. I'll no doubt be trying this when we are able to be outdoors grilling again.

That looks really good Dub. I am betting it tasted really excellent as well.

Those same kind of steaks are also good with a sesame teriyaki or sesame ginger marinade. This batch is from Saturday evening and were sesame ginger marinated, and served with brown rice with soy, and broccoli:

CE17D6F7-7695-4E35-A43B-7C92AC1168A6-13106-00000AE2A0262032_zps07c54052.jpg

For my lovely bride and me, they were preceded by a new recipe for my kitchen - made at her request - raspberry martinis. It was supposed to be an early Valetine's date night for my bride and me, but the middle child (daughter) was not feeling well, so we made the best of things at home.

For Valetine's Day, I will likely make Shrimp Scampi or perhaps a whole backstrap wrapped in bacon and grilled with mesquite or hickory smoke. It will, of course, be lady's choice…cocktails at 630p…

Back