Elk Rifles are Zeroed

gerry":1g77zjk6 said:
As long as you bring your rifle, ammo, tag and knife you could hunt and worry about the rest of the stuff when you get there :) Good luck packing guys and on your trip.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I did that last year. Stopped at a Cabelas for a rangefinder since my Leica was still in my mancave.

Always a good feeling when everything comes together. Rifles and loads. Gear. Grub. Air fresheners.

Go get em gents!

Woodycreek":2th4tilj said:
gerry":2th4tilj said:
As long as you bring your rifle, ammo, tag and knife you could hunt and worry about the rest of the stuff when you get there :) Good luck packing guys and on your trip.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I did that last year. Stopped at a Cabelas for a rangefinder since my Leica was still in my mancave.

Don't you just hate it when that happens!

Good luck fellas.
Have a good trip and be safe.

JD338

Thanks guys! Just crossed into Idaho!

1A17D5DD-E564-4EB7-AC37-B99020B0A8B8-787-000000B1A4887C83.jpg

Looks like you are close to your nest. We are supposed to get some cooler weather with rain so it should help you guys out a bit. It's really dry and noisy right now. Good luck.

Boy that was quick! It is raining here in Washington and is 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. You will get this storm tomorrow.

Good deal guys! Looks like you've made it to Spud Country! Oooops, I mean elk hunting country! :grin:

Yes, the change of weather will be most welcome. Our fires are still burning in central Washington, though pretty well contained. The rain should calm them down considerably, and get this doggone smoke out of the air too.

Good luck, looks like the rifles are set to do their part. Posting targets like that though, you didn't leave much room for excuses! Are those Minox scopes? I just ordered a 4-20 for my 6mm today, thought I remembered you saying you liked them.

Post more pics soon of your success.

nvbroncrider":2po4v6ht said:
Looks like the I84 entrance north of SLC to me maybe 6 hours worth of driving left.

That was the one!

MCSEAL, yeah, Minox on top of the 338 Win Mag. Can't say enough good about them. They have been good for me. Others have reported some issues, so they aren't without problems, but mine have been good and their customer service seems good as well.

Hey Scotty, looking forward to your stories of the hunt along with some photos.
Good luck my friend, remember have fun, be safe and shoot straight :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

I have not hunted with my Minox 2-10x40 ZA-5 but it has delivered some of the best groups that I have ever shot with my .30-06 Model 70. I ceratinly cannot complain from a performance point of view and the scope is still functioning as designed.

Back