F-150 Ecco Boost

I know a guy who has an ecoboost when he pulls his 28 foot camp trailer he gets 8 mpg thats about the same as my dads 04 hemi I just thought the eco boost would do better.

Unless your towing all the time, the loss of fuel mileage isn't too bad. If you were towing all the time or real heavy, it is hard to beat the diesels, but the gasser's aren't too bad, if you look at it overall. Close to 20MPG's from a full sized truck with all the amenities is pretty good stuff. 15MPG back 10 years ago was decent....

Dad just traded his 2011 Super Duty diesel off on one of these, I'll be anxious to see how it does. I've also heard there's a wear-in/calibration period where they get 15, then once that period is over, jump to 20. We'll see.

He has an F350 flatbed to pull the seed tender, head trailer, wagons, etc. with, and a full-service oil change at the Ford dealer for my 2009 5.4L costs less than the filter alone on that diesel. Never mind four gallons of oil that go in it, plus DEF approximately every oil change, and so on. Awesome truck, but operating costs are right up there.

A friend towed his trailer with 2 quads and an off road bike with a Ford 250 with the 6.2 engine to Maine and got around 11mpg. I towed the same trailer with my truck and got in the 14’s. In my opinion, the Eco boost strength is for light to medium towing or towing bigger for only a couple of trips a year. Your mileage day to day without towing will be good as with mine, I get around 19 from day to day use which is at least 5-6 mpg better than my old Chevy Silverado with the 6.0. As a plus, you always have power in your pocket for the fun factor. If you are towing heavier and more than a few times, the bigger trucks are probably the better option.
This was from last week mixed highway and county roads.

Attachments

• IMG_0716 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_0716 [800x600].jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 4,017
Back