Falcon Scopes

meatmachineman

Handloader
Jan 25, 2012
I'm still looking at scope options for my varmint/paper puncher AR. A nightforce simply isn't in the cards for me at this stage of the game. I've come across Falcon scopes and was wondering if anyone has any info on them. They seem to be out of the UK, but that doesn't necessarily tell me where they're made or what level of quality they are. They've got a few scopes I'm looking at and are all 1st focal plane & 30mm tubed. They seem to be able to be had in the $300-$500 neighborhood. Ordinarily, I'd expect them to be of reasonable quality at that price, but these tend to be higher magnifications and larger objectives and as such I'm a little suspect. Anyone have any input???

I have no experience with them, so can't help there. There was a thread on Snipers Hide about them if I recall a while back. Seemed like a mixed bag of results for the guys who had used them on that forum.

Seems to be a heavy emphasis on airguns; I have to wonder how they would stand up to recoil. Optical clarity would have to be assessed as they aren't common in any circles with which I'm familiar.

I seems to me that since they are a UK based company selling Asian products that you are paying (2) import duties for an optic which is basically the same as many US imported Chinese scopes. Just my take. According to Sniper's Hide report there have been some reticle and failure to hold adjustments failures with these scopes. Sniper's Hide says that they are made in China.

There used to be a bunch of them used by guys just starting out and needing a budget scope when I was hanging out at Sniper Central... I kinda wish I would have paid more attention to reviews... oops.

For Chinese, inexpensive optics, I have been using the Vortex Crossfire scopes. They are pretty good optics for a very low price.

Charlie, I have a Crossfire on top of a varmint 243. I was pretty surprised for the cost. I'm liking just about the entire Vortex line more and more.

As to the scope, I've been looking at Mildot or MRAD reticles. For some reason, people have decided most scopes require an extra C-note or two to have one of those reticles. I saw the higher powered FFIIs are available with a hybrid type mildot/BDC and at a decent price.

Robert, I guess tha you have to go up to the Viper lineof Vortex to get the Mil-Dot reticles. I did see an older Viper 6.5-20x44 listed somewhere for $250 which seems pretty reasonable. Another company has the Bushnell 3200 Mil-Dot 10x for $220 which seems like a good buy. Of course SWFA still has the Japanese built, SS, Mil-Dot scopes for $299. I think that all of these are well built, decent quaity scopes.

I have used a falcon menace on a ar10. Platform that a friend of mine had ,the optical quality is right there for a 500 dollar scope, the adjustments were mushy but accurate. you have to realise you are buying a scope for 500 bucks that has 1000 dollar features thus there were corners cut all the way around. my opinion is this not a bad scope for the price range. you can usually find them on snipershide used if you want to save some money.

Oldtrader3":1q50g9rk said:
For Chinese, inexpensive optics, I have been using the Vortex Crossfire scopes. They are pretty good optics for a very low price.

They are pretty good on low recoiling rifles.

Back