favorite 220swift loads

k101

Beginner
Aug 29, 2005
does anybody have any for nosler ballistic tip or sierra blitzking in 50 gr

K101
I use IMR 4064, Remington 9 1/2 primers, Winchester brass, Nosler 50 Bt.
The velocity is 3824 fps., accuracy is excellent.

transonic

k101; I love the 50 Ballistic tip in the Swift! My pet load is 39.5 grains of IMR 4064 in a WW case fired by a BR2 primer. Both my Swifts crowd 4000 fps with this load and shoot a ragged hole at 100. [You should start at 37.5 grains and work up in ½ grain increments] This should work with the blitzking also, but I have not tried it. I do know it works with the Hornady V-max. For 55 grain Ballistic tips I prefer H380, around 42-43 grains is usually max. Other powders that usually work well in the Swift include IMR 4320, Reloder 15, Vihtavuori N-140 and H414. Regards, Eagleye.

thank you all for the the idea's, i'll probably be trying the 50 gr ballistic tip nosler bullet and the imr 4064 powder out, since i have both.
appreciate the info, i was wanting to stay with imr 4064 but nosler #5 bk did'nt list anything for a 50 gr. for this powder, but i did load up some sierra blitzking with 4064 that grouped real good- considering the shooter, which was me. thanks again k101

eagleye, what would be a good alternate for your cci br2 primers for your load in your last post ?
i've called every place within 50 miles of me and no one carries them.
how about cci 200 lg rifle?
thanks k101

Yes, the CCI 200 will do just fine. It is actually the same primer, just the BR-2 is held to closer specs. Eagleye.

the 39.5 gr's of imr 4064 for the 50gr nosler is a excellent load eagleye, i started out at 37.5 gr, but i didn't get a real good group until i got up to 39.5gr, it seemed like all of a sudden i had a real good load.
i shot right at half inch group with 5 shots- 100 yards, shooting off of hunting coats, i believe this is my best of any caliber yet.
Can't wait to get back to the the reloading table and load a bunch of these babies up.
ps: the sierra load, with the same powder amount was good, but not hardly as tight as the nosler ballistic tip in 50 gr. col=2.680
still looking around for the br2 primers, even though it's hard to imagine it getting any better. thanks again eagleye
k101

Always my pleasure when a suggestion turns out well. That load has shot well in most Swifts I have owned over the years. a couple preferred 40 grains, but most seemed to "click" at 39.5. Regards, Eagleye.

RL15 has shot well in any Swift I have owned. IMR 3031 seems to be the preferred powder for a VSSF I am loading for right now though.

3031 has always worked well in any Swift I have used it in. However, It does not attain the velocities possible with 4064 and RL15. If I wanted a 22-250, I would have bought one! :lol: :lol: Eagleye.

Back