Federal .30 caliber 180 grain Trophy Bonded Bullet

diverdown

Handloader
Apr 29, 2015
If I'm not mistaken this is a recent offering from Federal. Previously it was only in loaded ammunition. Has anyone used this bullet for loading purposes or have they shot it in loaded ammunition. From what I have read and seen so far it looks like a winner. Federal does have a web site with reloading data for this bullet and it appears that the 3000FPS window can be crossed quite easily with the .300 Winchester Magnum.

Have used it in 30-06 factory ammo and I love the bullet. Limited loading data and no Quickload at my house has kept me from buying them or the 160 grain 7mm TBT bullets for hand-loads. Took a Red Stag (Mid Elk size) at just shy of 200 yards with the 160 grain 280 Rem factory load (when it was still offered); the Stag never took a step.

I don't own a magnum and I don't break 500 yards shooting, so my experiences might not be relevant to your needs. Having wrote the above, I do have a good stock of factory second 180 grain Accubonds from SPS - http://www.shootersproshop.com/shooters ... -50ct.html - they are cheaper than the TBT's, and I am much more comfortable with the load data that is available (calibers and tested powders).

I've used the .270 version... very stout bullet that performed well.

I’ve got 7mm 140 and 160’s, 308 165 and 180’s and the 270 130’s. I’m very happy they released them. Need to get them in the guns. I can’t see them being any less effective than a Partition and they may expand wider with the Bonded front end.

Back