First deer

et_miller_87

Beginner
Nov 7, 2016
e3c05c1ff3b7c6fa3a8a60baf9655dd8.jpg

Shot my first deer ever this season in central ohio! 12 gauge slug. She walked up right behind me and made me work for the shot. She's not huge but is my first. Still looking for some land easy of Columbus to hunt for my first buck. Maybe next season!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

The first is often the most memorable, even when larger and more spectacular animals fall to the hunter. Congratulations! May this be the first of many more!

Congrats that is awesome! Like Mike said firsts are big and nothing at all wrong with s doe they're great eats!

et_miller_87":366dwc0e said:
Lol took me 8 years.

Yeah, sometimes it requires putting in our time and paying our dues before we strike paydirt. The next one will come much quicker and you will feel more confident. I pray you never lose the sense of wonder that comes with each successful hunt. The joy of being able to witness this great creation and the manner in which it provides for us when we make an effort is still something that keeps the hunter in the field.

That's great glad to hear you got blooded. The first one is always the hardest.
Thanks for the picture.

This is the first time I've had an opportunity to hunt in Ohio. I transferred here last year this time. Before that I had hunted in nw Florida a few years prior. This was a blessing to be able to hunt here this year

Congratulations on your first deer, it is a special thing to get the first one especially.

Thanks for the congrats all. Already looking forward to the next.

Hahaha I butchered it myself. Them backstraps ain't gonna last the weekend.

Guy already said that, outstanding. I remember every little detail of my first deer, back in 1967. I hope you'll find many more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Done ET! Mastering the 12 Slug took me at least that long (well-I haven't mastered it yet...). Butchered my first Antelope with my then new bride, on the kitchen table in our first apartment. Dried a ham by hanging it in the cooler under the table. Sure as shootin' she wondered what the heck she got herself into.... :) :shock: Thirty years later she's still wondering.... Congrats!!! CL

Congrats! Thats a fine doe. Probably looked like a moose compared to those southern Florida deer. I grew up hunting in central and southern Ohio. Haven't been back in 25 years. Miss the woods, but don't miss using slug guns.

Lol I'm betting she was a yearling. Once I got a good look at her after the fact, I felt kind of bad cause I knew she was young. Even so, she does look like a monster compared to the Florida dog sized deer

Back