Garmin Chronograph

Finally found info on its temperature range rating: -10 to +55 degrees C.
Ordered mine and it should be here on Wednesday.
Friday should be fairly wind free and about 0 degrees, so will be heading out to the range to sight in a few rifles (204 Ruger, 218 Bee and 257 Roberts) and testing it out!

It is the "easy button" for sure. Tiny, can carry it in a pocket. No setup hassle - just put it on the bench near your rifle, point it at the target and power it up. The menu offers some options like: rifle or handgun, and the rough velocity range anticipated.

No trouble lining up the barrel with both a chronograph and the target. No having the chronograph out in front of the muzzle. No attaching a chronograph to the muzzle... None of that. Just set it on the bench and start it.

Guy

It is the "easy button" for sure. Tiny, can carry it in a pocket. No setup hassle - just put it on the bench near your rifle, point it at the target and power it up. The menu offers some options like: rifle or handgun, and the rough velocity range anticipated.

No trouble lining up the barrel with both a chronograph and the target. No having the chronograph out in front of the muzzle. No attaching a chronograph to the muzzle... None of that. Just set it on the bench and start it.

Guy
Man, I will say it is the BEST piece of shooting gear I have gotten in quite awhile. Has not missed a shot, battery seems to last forever and it just does exactly what you want a good chrono to do.

Case is a great idea as well. I actually like using the darn thing since it just sits there and works.

Man, I will say it is the BEST piece of shooting gear I have gotten in quite awhile. Has not missed a shot, battery seems to last forever and it just does exactly what you want a good chrono to do.

Case is a great idea as well. I actually like using the darn thing since it just sits there and works.
No reason not to use it all the time when shooting off the bench. My Ohler 35 is a pain to set up so I only use it when I need it. I will be getting one soon.

JD338

I like mine, works great.
Just remember that small footprint devices will be short range.
Larger footprint devices like the old fashioned LR, newer FX, and the soon to be out Caldwell can do down range velocities.
Another thing is operating frequency. Don't expect new devises (except knock offs) to come out in 24GHZ.
I have heard that the FX (24ghz big antenna) will be replaced with a 60GHZ long range unit next year.
Want easy? Go Garmin.

Go to use mine for a couple of range sessions this past weekend...
What a simple item to use!
May be the best investment I have made for the shooting I do in a long time (and that takes some saying as I have made some great investments in rifles, scopes and hunting in the past few years! At least they are in my humble, yet biased, opinion;)).

Weather was sunny and 60 degrees today so I ran out to the range. Holiday so all the butt heads were there being A holes on a public range.
BUT the little garmin was awesome! Small, and sooo simple and I believe very accurate. Just ran down range, set up the targets and face the garmin the correct direction. Dodge the handgun guys that don’t seem to care then Shoot em up and record the info when finished.
It was expensive but I am happy with the purchase and product-the hard case from Amazon was a great Tip!

Back