Garmin Chronograph

I've been using my Oehler 35P for a looooong time now and have been very pleased with its performance. It is a bit of a hassle to set up and after looking at the new Garmin I'm thinking my wallet is going to get somewhat lighter.

I've been using my Oehler 35P for a looooong time now and have been very pleased with its performance. It is a bit of a hassle to set up and after looking at the new Garmin I'm thinking my wallet is going to get somewhat lighter.

I used an Oehler 35P for many years. I gave it up when the LabRadar came out. What a relief to not have to set up sky screens and get them aligned while holding up the firing line. The LabRadar made life much easier.

Ya, I went with the CED Millenium quite a while ago. 15+ years. Maybe 20 years? It's been good, but... After using the little Garmin, I'm considering buying one... So doggone easy to transport, setup, use.

Guy

Charlie,
That rigid box is pretty nice. Great way to store it and have it ready to go whenever you want it.
Thanks for the tip!

JD338

I've had three Shooting Chrony chronographs, an Oehler 35P, and a LabRadar. Why not spring for a Garmin? The Nosler Forum pushed me! At least that's what I can tell my lady.:rolleyes:
I gave my 35P to a friend.
I might do the same with my Labradar or sell it for an amount he will be willing to buy it, as he might balk at a gift.

Dang, you fellers buying all the Garmin chronos, there might not be one in stock for me for Christmas. :D I think I'm going to get the Garmin real soon and retire the P 35 after 25 years, just need more feedback from you guys when you get yours tested. Just saw Charlie's positive post about his Garmin test. I see LabRadar is reducing their prices because of competition with Garmin. Garmin is a set it on the bench and forget it chrono compared to the time consuming setup with the
P 35.

I'll definitely be making the switch. I've just used the magnetospeed for years during load development. Have always wanted something to take to the range to shoot over and gather larger data sets but didn't want to deal with the setup on other options. I never shot with the magnetospeed at the range as it screws with poi in my experience. This seems to check all the boxes for me.

Now to find someone that will ship it to AK because things with batteries are dangerous.....

I gave my 35P to a friend.
I might do the same with my Labradar or sell it for an amount he will be willing to buy it, as he might balk at a gift.
Funny you should mention that Ernie. I did sell my LabRadar only recently with the proviso that I could use it whenever I wanted. Well, as soon as the Garmin is available around here, I'll likely pick one up. If I don't show up on the forum for a while, you'll know that the Boss put her foot down.o_O

Funny you should mention that Ernie. I did sell my LabRadar only recently with the proviso that I could use it whenever I wanted. Well, as soon as the Garmin is available around here, I'll likely pick one up. If I don't show up on the forum for a while, you'll know that the Boss put her foot down.o_O
Just how big of a foot does she have 🤔 Dan.

I took my Garmin to the range this afternoon for its first trial. I give it two thumbs up only because that's all I have but I would give it more if I could.
Extremely simple to set up and operate, it gives all the data most of us need and in a unit that takes up a minute bit of space on a shooting bench.
Prior to this, I used a Chrony and it served its purpose but this is a huge improvement.
I heartily recommend the Garmin and suggest you get one when/if you can. I don't think you'll be sorry.

Ron

I should add that I also bought a rigid, waterproof box to hold the little Garmin & tripod. The box was just about perfect and the price was right ($29) at Amazon.

Evergreen 56 Waterproof Dry Box Protective Case with Pick & Pluck Foam - Travel Safe/Mil Spec/USA Made - for Cameras, Phones, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Water Sports, Knives, Survival (Orange)​

View attachment 21442
Ordered one of these for my new Garmin - thanks for the information !

Quite a few guys have gone the Evergreen route. Even though it's a tad bulkier than needed, it's wayyyyyyyyy smaller than the Apache case for my LabRadar. LOL

Back