Garmin Chronograph

Me too. I’m a little worried that the little feller would get blown off the bench from my braked rifles.
I am pretty interested in seeing how it works. The reviews seem really darned good.

I ordered one thru Scheels and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Two weeks ago I shot next to a guy at our local range who had one. I asked the same questions and he said it was his first time using his own, but he had shot several times previously using someone else's and was extremely happy with the performance. At the end of his shooting session he made a point to tell me he was very happy with his personal one as well.

He shot two rifles, one with a brake and the other with a can. When I could see the Garmin, it appeared to catch each shot and was never blown off the table because he had it placed to be out of the blast zone. The braked rifle had significant brake blast even though it was a 308, not a magnum of some kind.

He shoots PRS and said he plans to take his to matches, so he can shoot his ammo that day, get data based on environmental conditions, and be able to make scope adjustments accordingly.

Ron

I've used one a fair bit. It's not mine, but I've used it quite a bit. One of the very easiest of chronographs to set up and use.

No cords to untangle or wrestle with in the cold.

No struggling with getting it to fit various barrels, just set it on the bench near the rifle and point it towards the target.

Garmin came up with a winner here!

Guy

I have the FX True Ballistics for a few months now. Similar to the garmin from what I understand. Never had an error and like Guy said easiest of chronographs to set up and use. Just set it on the bench near the rifle and point it towards the target.

Fotis - that thing looks huge compared to the Garmin. And seems like it's quite a bit more expensive. Garmin's site is advertising theirs at $599.99, but they won't be shipping for a few weeks:

Guy

Mine on BO theough midwayusa but they are available on eBay for $700 ish. Shooting weather not likely to be around until spring for us so I can wait. The YouTube videos seem very promising

Fotis - that thing looks huge compared to the Garmin. And seems like it's quite a bit more expensive. Garmin's site is advertising theirs at $599.99, but they won't be shipping for a few weeks:

Guy
Yes sir. It is way smaller than the LABRADAR but larger than the Garmin. It IS spendy!!!!! The garmin was not out when I ordered this. Paid more but I am happy with it so far.

I've used one a fair bit. It's not mine, but I've used it quite a bit. One of the very easiest of chronographs to set up and use.

No cords to untangle or wrestle with in the cold.

No struggling with getting it to fit various barrels, just set it on the bench near the rifle and point it towards the target.

Garmin came up with a winner here!

Guy
Guy,

I look forward to reports on how it works in cold weather and low light conditions (e.g., heavy overcast days, first and last light) vs bright sunny days.

Thanks in advance!

That looks interesting and sounds positive so far. Looking forward to some more reviews from you guys when your unit's come in. Like the small design of it. I don't use my Chrony much since it's a pain to use and doesn't always read well.

I shot over my new Garmin Xero today. It was easy to carry such a small unit, easy to just point down range, easy to figure out the buttons and never missed a shot despite the fact that I put it 24" behind the muzzle. The little unit sat one foot in front of me, so it was east to read the display and easy to reach the buttons when switching sessions.

Basically, it was just EASY to use and worked flawlessly.

Garmin Xero C1.jpg

I should add that I also bought a rigid, waterproof box to hold the little Garmin & tripod. The box was just about perfect and the price was right ($29) at Amazon.

Evergreen 56 Waterproof Dry Box Protective Case with Pick & Pluck Foam - Travel Safe/Mil Spec/USA Made - for Cameras, Phones, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Water Sports, Knives, Survival (Orange)​

Evergreen.jpg

Back