Getting the itch!!!

et_miller_87

Beginner
Nov 7, 2016
As hunting season comes closer, I find myself more and more excited. Spending time on YouTube watching folks on their hunts' grinning ear to ear! This year I'm hoping to earn my first buck with my grandfathers old Bear bow. But I also have to admit, I'm really wanting to experience a hog hunt! Something not common in the woods of central Ohio. Guess it'll have to wait til.the next trip to florida!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Yes! I agree. It's getting close.

Bear season already opened here in Washington, but our temps have been in the 100's, and the state is blanketed in nasty smoke from too many wildfires. Not real conducive to hunting right now.

Still, we'll likely give it a try soon.

Guy

usually about this time of year I start going through my day pack checking all the stuff in there, sorting my clothes, thinking about where to place cams, and.......Well, pretty much ANYTHING short of hitting the woods with a weapon! The "itch" got a little worse today, woke up to a cool spell, the temp dropped to 54* overnight. Sadly it's already getting hot again.

I may even grab up my .22 and bust some squirrels when the early season kicks in just to get in the woods...Plus a little squirrel gravy and biscuits sounds pretty dern good about now.

Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of the gods on this one! I'm military and move around every few years and don't own any land. Hoping some good opportunities come up!

last night the temp was down to 53 here and hasn't gone much above 70 as of yet so its beautiful out! Gonna start prepping my gear soon!

I have some holiday time coming up shortly--just in time for moose. I will appreciate the opportunity to get away and pull the trigger on game.

Yeah I hear ya. I've had the itch since I drew my tags and now it's even worse knowing I have to recover from an injury and maybe surgery. Sitting around the house not being able to do anything is driving me crazy. But I will get to go come h@#$ or high water. :grin:

DrMike":2rj7tkfe said:
I have some holiday time coming up shortly--just in time for moose. I will appreciate the opportunity to get away and pull the trigger on game.
I could only dream of having the opportunity of stalking a moose! Not many of those in Ohio I'm sure!

truck driver":esla4bxp said:
Yeah I hear ya. I've had the itch since I drew my tags and now it's even worse knowing I have to recover from an injury and maybe surgery. Sitting around the house not being able to do anything is driving me crazy. But I will get to go come h@#$ or high water. :grin:
Trust me, I understand completely. I'm almost allowed to walk crutch assisted. Whatever hunting I get to do this year will be a challenge.
926981083d63d3f4c0eeb81acae24302.jpg
1a64f1066ff73deeea582303090a534e.jpg

miller--thank you for your service and get well soon and get back out there

We get excited every year about going to visit friends and hunting in Montana.

We also sometimes envy Cheyenne, Gil, and Hodgeman, as they can substance hunt year round, but it is a trade off of sorts, because if we could substance hunt year round, we would lose the great feeling we have about going hunting this time of year. But I would still like to be in their shoes for at least a year of two LOL

hunternyny":2oe54vm7 said:
miller--thank you for your service and get well soon and get back out there

We get excited every year about going to visit friends and hunting in Montana.

We also sometimes envy Cheyenne, Gil, and Hodgeman, as they can substance hunt year round, but it is a trade off of sorts, because if we could substance hunt year round, we would lose the great feeling we have about going hunting this time of year. But I would still like to be in their shoes for at least a year of two LOL
Thanks a million. Not something I usually share unless it holds weight. Unlike my ankle. Hah. I should be back to it relatively soon. Until then, ill keep processing some cartridges for reloading. Only thing thats kept me sain the last 6 weeks

et
I have some similar scares on my left ankle and hardware implanted. This time it will be a knee but should be up and running before the season starts or when I head west if all goes well on Monday when I see the surgeon and get the final diagnoses.

truck driver":1d96m27h said:
et
I have some similar scares on my left ankle and hardware implanted. This time it will be a knee but should be up and running before the season starts or when I head west if all goes well on Monday when I see the surgeon and get the final diagnoses.
Hoping for good news man. Follow doctors orders to a T and should be in for a swift recovery!

All my CF rifle reloading was done in February.
Well...I'm still working up some pistol reloads and adjusting the sights for POI.

I've shot some 22 rifle just to stay in practice. Did check sight-in for my 9.3 Last month.

My hunting box, pouch and rifle case was packed/repacked in February.
So I'm ready to go; Just need to check sight-in on rifles when I get where ever I'll be.

Thanks et, I'm also hoping for good news and trying to be optimistic.
I know what it took to recover from the ankle and then worry about not injuring it when hunting for deer since I had some rough terrain that I hunt.
I hope your recovery is quick and the ankle heals well for you.

I'm sitting here feeling very fortunate. Had two clients today catch all five species of salmon: King, Chum, silver, Sockeye and Pink as well as Rainbow trout, Arctic Char and Grayling. All except the Silvers were released. All we talked about at dinner was hunting. Seven weeks to go, can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH has pigs. Maybe not a bunch, but they are here. Make some time to contact a couple of biologist and you can zero in. Great chance to doing some legal hunting while scouting for a buck as well !

Gunner46":o0iqyebx said:
OH has pigs. Maybe not a bunch, but they are here. Make some time to contact a couple of biologist and you can zero in. Great chance to doing some legal hunting while scouting for a buck as well !
I don't even know where I'd go to contact a biologist about that, or where the he'll id hunt them around here. Would be nice to harvest a few!

Back