Got my Sauer.

ShadeTree":5sg26ody said:
Cleveland48":5sg26ody said:
[emoji23] yeah they are pretty lightweight lol. I know my 100 XT in 9.3x62 kicks pretty dang good lol. How do you like the trigger? I know my 100XT probably has one of the greatest factory triggers I’ve ever had. And they have a pretty good recoil pad on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trigger is a work of art. For me, the best factory trigger I've ran across. I'd say by far. But too light for me. Haven't had it out of the stock yet, will have to see how it's put together.

I know some things are different about these than the 100's, and I don't have a 100 to compare it to. The safety is a tang style safety, but is on the rear of the bolt. Not crazy about it's location, but operates smooth enough. It does lock the firing pin, not the trigger.

I assume the rest of the bolt is the same as yours? I assumed wrongly that they were a 3 lug design, but actually they have 6 lugs.

Safety on my 100 is similar to a Remington 700 as far as location. It is a 3 position safety, my 100 has a 3 lug bolt head. I was thinking the 101 had several lugs. I’m pretty sure the 100 was designed specifically for the American market, and the 101 still carries most of its European heritage. The safety on your seems very European like.

Cleveland48":38jymacu said:
ShadeTree":38jymacu said:
Cleveland48":38jymacu said:
[emoji23] yeah they are pretty lightweight lol. I know my 100 XT in 9.3x62 kicks pretty dang good lol. How do you like the trigger? I know my 100XT probably has one of the greatest factory triggers I’ve ever had. And they have a pretty good recoil pad on them.

Trigger is a work of art. For me, the best factory trigger I've ran across. I'd say by far. But too light for me. Haven't had it out of the stock yet, will have to see how it's put together.

I know some things are different about these than the 100's, and I don't have a 100 to compare it to. The safety is a tang style safety, but is on the rear of the bolt. Not crazy about it's location, but operates smooth enough. It does lock the firing pin, not the trigger.

I assume the rest of the bolt is the same as yours? I assumed wrongly that they were a 3 lug design, but actually they have 6 lugs.
Safety on my 100 is similar to a Remington 700 as far as location. It is a 3 position safety, my 100 has a 3 lug bolt head. I was thinking the 101 had several lugs. I’m pretty sure the 100 was designed specifically for the American market, and the 101 still carries most of its European heritage. The safety on your seems very European like.

Huh. I would've guessed they were the same otherwise. In theory, my first instinct looking at the way it's designed, those 6 lugs would provide a very strong, tight lock up. In practice it may not make any difference at all.

I'd probably prefer your safety, although I don't know, can't compare it. I do like that this one locks the firing pin. It is 2 position that also locks the bolt on safe. There is a small button on the receiver that when pushed allows you to work the bolt with it on safe, to load or remove a cartridge in the chamber. That button is also the bolt release.

Interesting. Those 100's have good reviews and in a synthetic I think are a better buy. Can't see spending the extra on a synthetic 101 myself. In a wood stock, yeah, the 101's are a different ball game.

Back