Happiest guy part 2!!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Well as promised here is my update, but a little background first. Over a year ago I had to sell my most favorite rifle I even owned. It is a Japanese MKV weatherby Classicmark in 416 WBY Mag. This past year I really missed that gun. I bought in new in 2003 and it was made in 1993.
About a week ago the buyer posted on a forum so I pm'ed him to see how my baby is treating him. He said that it was still in the box never even scoped it because he was out of the country mostly.
I immediately asked him if he would sell it back to me and he agreed knowing how much it meant to me. So she got here today.
This rifle shoots 330 grain GS Customs at 3080 fps and .6" at 100 yards. Also 300 TSX's at 3125 fps and the best group so far has been .3" at 100 yards. So much for minute of Cape Buffalo! Do to the high degree of accuracy I have taken antelope out to 452 yards easily!

Here are the pictures.

SV102783.jpg

SV102782.jpg

SV102781.jpg

SV102780.jpg

SV102779.jpg

A present from bullet from the past

DSCN00071.JPG

100 yard 3 shot group 330 GS customs

416330HVgroup.jpg

Hunting story!
http://gsgroup.co.za/fotis.html

300 TSX and 330 GS Custom loaded

SV101178.jpg

Thats great Fotis! Glad you got her back and home where she belongs.
That is one beautiful speed goat getter. :grin:

JD338

Congrats on a fine peice, again! You are a lucky guy to get such a rifle back. Most of the time those things don't work out.

Fotis,

I glanced at that first photo, and I was astonished because I thought it was a very light rifle. For all the world, it looks as if it is floating! :shock: It took a moment for these aged eyes to realise that the picture was rotated 90 degrees. :oops: Good that you got back a favoured rifle. Wow! I would surely like to buy back a couple of rifles I let go.

That's great pop. I know you missed that rifle and if I remember right, that's your varmint rifle.lol :grin: :grin:

Pop, to me, that is the nicest WBY I have ever seen! That stock is AWESOME! Congrats on getting it back. That rifle looks great. Must be nice to have it home again, hopefully you don't ever have to let it go again. That is some serious juice you have there. Scotty

Thanks guys and she is light too!

Pop I'm just curious how she works on gophers and ground squirrels. If you are shooting antelope at 450 yards and .3 inch groups at 100 yards, she must be heck on those pesky little guys :!: :shock: :mrgreen:

Does she belt you on the back side as well as the front side :?: :grin:

Nice setup, Pop. I always thought the Classicmark was Weatherby's best looking rifle. I kick myself for not picking up a .340 and a .257 when I had the chance.

6mm Remington":1mpasx49 said:
Pop I'm just curious how she works on gophers and ground squirrels. If you are shooting antelope at 450 yards and .3 inch groups at 100 yards, she must be heck on those pesky little guys :!: :shock: :mrgreen:

Does she belt you on the back side as well as the front side :?: :grin:

Funny you asked..............Here you go 2009...........

............Got this one in Shirley basin with my 416 Bee and 300 gr Barnes at 3125 fps. 225 yard shot.... Kind of tore him up.

SV101070.jpg

Is it Beretzs that says overkill ends up in the freezer? Get a full body shot with that cannon and all you have is a puff and a mist :?: :shock:

Pop- I am guilty of suspecting you have way to many toys but I am truly happy for you. There is just somthing about "the" rifle. Great to see the old gal back in your hands. We will expect some more new photos of the work that cannon does....have fun. CL

Pop - I'm really glad you got that wonderful rifle back!

Now - set up a trip to Africa or Alaska and use the danged thing on something BIG! :grin:

That Shirley Basin prairie dog woulda made book if you hadn't wrecked the skull :grin:

Man, that was just an awesome picture Pop! Plus you have a little margin for error since you are shooting thumb sized bullets at them! Scotty

Only one negative thing about this whole deal..........

I am back to begging Nosler for a 325 grain 416 AccuBond!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Pop -
It does look like it would be a serviceable p-dog caliber :p . What you need to do is ask Nosler to make a highly explosive 300 plus grain bullet so you can lob it into those groups of 5 or 6 p-dogs sitting on top of one mound and frag them all!!!

257 Ackley":3qqn6t8y said:
Pop -
It does look like it would be a serviceable p-dog caliber :p . What you need to do is ask Nosler to make a highly explosive 300 plus grain bullet so you can lob it into those groups of 5 or 6 p-dogs sitting on top of one mound and frag them all!!!

I like the way you think Joel!! That would be worth touching them off. Kinda like a small 40mm grenade! Scotty

Back