how?

jhunter1010

Beginner
Jul 19, 2009
what would i need done to turn a standard action m77 hawkeye into a 458 win mag? is the stock strong enough?

i wont be shooting full power loads only about 350 at 23-2400

What caliber is the rifle now? You will need to have the same bolt face size or at least be able to modify it only slightly. Also your magazine has to be long enough to accept the new case. The ejection port needs to be long enough to allow ejection of loaded cases.

It has to be a 30-06 length action as a minimum. The stock should hold up at those ballistics.

jhunter1010":38fgs0ez said:
what would i need done to turn a standard action m77 hawkeye into a 458 win mag? is the stock strong enough?

i wont be shooting full power loads only about 350 at 23-2400

Ruger shows a cross bolt on the wood stocks in their African model alot of recoil and I think CZ use two bolts. You sure want to talk to your gunsmith about the recoil see what he comes up with.

Ruger Recoil lugs can break a stock quite quickly on cartridges withy heavy recoil if there is no crossbolt. You will want to ensure that your gunsmith addresses this issue.

Well I know a guy on here who has a 375 ruger in a hawkeye and his wood stock is split. If thats any indication, then I wouldn't expect anything less from a 458 win...

Back