I JUST HAD TO DO IT! New 25-06

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Could not help myself. Been looking for one of these BDL Customs since 1996.
My buddy had one and every single load was under 3/4 MOA. Custom shop 26" barrel and satin finish. Made in a very very limited # in 1994. Man I got lucky!

remington 700 in 25-06 rem. This rifle was made in 1994 as part of a special run manufactured that year by the Rem custom shop. It has a floorplate like the BDL but does not have the white line spacers and does not have the high gloss stock. This rifle also has a 26 inch sporter barrel. The bluing is excellent. The stock looks perfect. A very nice rifle.

pix956246138.jpg

pix768765399.jpg

pix699582473.jpg

pix930346094.jpg

pix104406807.jpg

pix886733933.jpg

That is indeed a handsome rifle. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Oh man, that is a nice one and a 26" tube too! I wished more of the 25-06's came with 26" barrels. Great rifle. Scotty

Pop,

Nice find!
Let us know how she shoots.

JD338

beretzs":17ggh4fh said:
Oh man, that is a nice one and a 26" tube too! I wished more of the 25-06's came with 26" barrels. Great rifle. Scotty

Yeah buddy! It's a whole lot easier to lop off a few inches of barrel than to add a couple!

I do agree on that! I like long barrels.

Nice stick... I really like the stock... never cared much for the white spacers, but do like the ebony forend cap. Should be able to scoot'em out there with the 26" spout.

OMG we were just talking about those exact rifles the other night!
'
My uncle used to be the manager of Sporting Goods at Payless in Elko NV he said when those were around he could not keep them on the shelf! There was also another caliber but I dont recall which it was in the same platform

Ok POP heres the deal we all know that you go through guns like most of us do water so please put me top of the list when you go to flip this.

Besides I am sure you got a steal on it

POP
Great Find ! Do you still have / can get anotehr speed goat tag? Isnt' there still a couple weeks left ? :grin:

Nice rifle POP, love the choice of caliber :lol:

So what you plan to do with this one, really???

I'm with the guy above, put me at top of the list when you go to get rid of her, I'm in serious need of another 243 or 25-06 for coyotes, lol..., need a 338 WM by chance? Ha ha ha.

All kidding aside, would you just load up some 85g NBT's w/RL19 at 3600-3700 and go smack some dogs already, your killing me!

Will do guys. I already have my buddies here going nuts over it.
I did nit know that this special run was in fact such a well known secret among shooters. All I can say is that from what I hear they were/are spectacular shooters. We will see fellas.

You will love that rifle. The 25-06 is my favorite caliber for deer size game. I think one big mistake that Remington made was to discontinue the Sendero (SP?) in 25-06. It had a 26" barrel. I have a custom 700 25-06 with a Shilen SS #6 26" barrel.

Funny thing! I did some trading with a buddy from back East.

Got me a new Shilen Remington contour (same as this one) and threaded for a Rem 700 257 STW barrel. All ready to screw on at 26.75" length.

Maybe after I burn this one out! :mrgreen:

100 gr BT at 4k?

100gr'er at 4K. WOW! I really can't think of much else to say, that is FAST! Scotty

Actually upon further investigation 3800 fps looks safer and doable with 100 grain BT.

well if you are gunn build that stw you dont need teh new 25.06 you got so I will pm you my FFLs info!

Back