Idaho Moose Drawing Results

Richracer1

Handloader
May 12, 2005
Anyone that put in for an ID moose, you can check to see if you got drawn. It's a happy day for me as I got drawn for an antlered moose tag. Now which rifle to use.........hmmmm, decisions decisions. :grin:

Holy crap Rich! That is AWESOME! Man, I have always wanted to hunt moose in ID! God knows I have seen a ton of them. Hopefully the wolves haven't munched too many of them, but I imagine you will have some time to get on them.

I think you are well heeled for moose buddy. I can't hardly think of a rifle you have told us about that wouldn't be phenomenal for moose. Again, congrats on the tag! Can't wait to see that big Chevy loaded down with a moose. Those hooves in the air are great pictures. Scotty

RR,

Congratulations! That is great. Let us know when you decide on a rifle and load.

Rich,

Congratulations on your bull moose draw. Might be a reason to call up the 375 RUM.

JD338

Ye-haaa there is a moose with your name on it and congratulations on a tough draw. :grin:
Greg

WAY TO GO!!!!!
I didn't get "my" moose tag .........

Oh well ... I still have plenty to do with my son and wife getting them in front of good animals and then trying to get mine in the end.
I am hunting Elk with a bow this year for the first time so I have something to really look forward to.

I'm actually heading out the door to the range and shoot my 243W with 10 diff loads.
We'll see what happens.

Rich

Have you been there? I know that you are from Id so my offer may not be necessary , but I know some folks that live just north of the unit (as I once did) and who have killed several moose and elk in that general area. PM me later if you would like and I will calll them and get some info. There are good populations of Moose and Elk in the area, if you google "Brockman Guard Station" or "Grays Lake National Wildlife Refuge" that will get you in some good country. NO wolves to speak and lots of Moose. Let me know if I can help!

Elkman":lvg4obvh said:
Rich

Have you been there? I know that you are from Id so my offer may not be necessary , but I know some folks that live just north of the unit (as I once did) and who have killed several moose and elk in that general area. PM me later if you would like and I will calll them and get some info. There are good populations of Moose and Elk in the area, if you google "Brockman Guard Station" or "Grays Lake National Wildlife Refuge" that will get you in some good country. NO wolves to speak and lots of Moose. Let me know if I can help!

Been there many times as I've been hunting some of that area since 2003. Pulled out 2 cow elk, 2 bull elk, and 1 muley and have seen some very nice moose. I hope the big bull moose I saw last year is still in this area I hunt come this fall. We camp well off the beaten path - takes about 30 min once you leave the main road to get to where we camp and usually requires a 4x4 truck to get there and sometimes chains when is nasty.

Rich

Sounds like the perfect spot, my late cow hunt is east and a little south of there. I used to live in Ririe, and know the country but not as well as you. I have not drawn on the cow hunt yet. Good luck !!!

Congrats on your moose tag. Happy hunting and have a good trip!

When does the season open for your hunt?

Back