Identification of bullets

Atkinson

Beginner
Nov 5, 2004
I have some I think older old .308, 150 gr. Nosler Bal. Tips that I pulled at some point.. I sectioned one and the jacket is about .40 thick as best I can tell and the lead is about .150 in the middle..

I know that Nosler toughened up these bullets about 3 years ago as the early bullets were a bit too fragile..Can anyone help me identify them. I don't have the original box btw.

Atkinson

Its hard to tell. I would use them for plinking or fouling rounds and shoot the latest production bullets for serious target shooting and/or hunting.

JD338

I would use them for plinking or fouling rounds and shoot the latest production bullets for serious target shooting and/or hunting.

Jim is correct. I have a number of unidentified bullets that I use as fouling rounds or for break-in of new rifles. When hunting, I want to know precisely what I am shooting.

Atkinson":2ns3xp6o said:
I have some I think older old .308, 150 gr. Nosler Bal. Tips that I pulled at some point.. I sectioned one and the jacket is about .40 thick as best I can tell and the lead is about .150 in the middle..

I know that Nosler toughened up these bullets about 3 years ago as the early bullets were a bit too fragile..Can anyone help me identify them. I don't have the original box btw.

Somehow I think the jacket is a bit thinner than that. :shock: :lol:

Back