Imr 7828

I’ve found 7828ssc to be pretty good. Not worth $50-$60/lb to me personally. Not sure I would pay that price for any IMR powder honestly. Hodgdon does because they can and fortunately for me, I don’t have to pay those prices.

Edit: Yes, H1000 was the one for me that made IMR7828 irrelevant. Today, I would look at Magpro, Grand, Magnum, LRT and Staball HD. H1000 is my ride or die! Superformance is a lot slower than you would think also and I’ve used it where I haven’t seen data. Just started low and worked up!

Last edited:
I've got a couple of pounds of 7828ssc laying around. Yesterday I loaded 4-7PRC cases with 66gr under a Hornady 180 ELD-M bullet. After shooting my established load for the 7PRC, I shot the 7828/180 load. The first 3 bullets landed in .9" at 400yds. But, as luck would have it, the 4th bullet brought the group to 2". I knew I shouldn't have dropped the hammer on that last round. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I've got a couple of pounds of 7828ssc laying around. Yesterday I loaded 4-7PRC cases with 66gr under a Hornady 180 ELD-M bullet. After shooting my established load for the 7PRC, I shot the 7828/180 load. The first 3 bullets landed in .9" at 400yds. But, as luck would have it, the 4th bullet brought the group to 2". I knew I shouldn't have dropped the hammer on that last round. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Happens to me every time I see a group starting to look good and I start thinking I’m going to walk down and take a pic after this last round…..

Back