INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

IdahoCTD":h6y7nttx said:
A 120gr .25 would probably be too heavy for the common 10" twist in a long VLD type configuration. A 100-105 in 6mm would rock as would some .375's

A 10" twist in a .30 will typically stabilize up to 230-240gr depending on bullet design
A 9 twist is enough for up to 180gr VLD style bullets in a 7mm
alot depends on MV, a 9 twist will stabilize a 200 gr in an stw, but not a 7 RM, your best bet if your not sure is load it up as fast as ya can and shoot it.
RR

A 270 gr ALR for the 375 Ruger and H&H would be excellent for North American hunting wouldn't you say ;)

Count me in. I'll take a box of the 190's and 210's to try in my 300 RUM.

Thank-You Nosler,
Don

SJB358":3i4ixznd said:
jmad_81":3i4ixznd said:
IdahoCTD":3i4ixznd said:
The next bullets I would do would be a 225-250gr .338 in the new design and then something heavier to surpass the 300gr AB for BC. A good 300+gr .375 bullet would rock too.

That 225-250 .338 is the one I'm waiting for! Pretty sure it would make one heck of an elk stopper for a long ways out of the 338/375R that is on its way.

I want to drive to Bend, and shake some hands! Well done Nosler.

That 220-230 in the 8mm would be AWESOME!!!

FYP...

I wonder if the ALR will have an element of fragmentation like the A-max and the Berger at long range. The Amax if fragment as low as 1400fps and I think the Berger will at 1500fps. If the ALR will only mushroom at long range, then the wound channel is very small. I guess it will depend on the thickness of the jacket. Any specs on the bullet yet??

Berger quoted me 1,800 fps for the "low velocity performance" of the VLD...this was on the phone, about 2 weeks ago.

And it will depend on jacket thickness and the lead alloy...in the pics, the jacket looks pretty thin up front with a slight taper. I'd say the ALR's will fragment but not totally...best of both worlds, I hope.

Ridgerunner665":1b02r97w said:
And it will depend on jacket thickness and the lead alloy...in the pics, the jacket looks pretty thin up front with a slight taper. I'd say the ALR's will fragment but not totally...best of both worlds, I hope.

Thats what I'm hoping. Sounds like the best of both worlds, on paper. Hope we can get our hands on some in time for hunting season next year so we can get some "on game", first hand knowledge of how they really work.

The upper end is 3200 fps impact velocity. Since it is bonded, it should work well up close.

JD338

Just calculated the 150 gr from a 270 Win at 2900 fps, Yikes. As someone said at 24hourcampfire that bullet is a game changer for all 270 cal cartridges. A 270 Wby at 3100 fps + is really impressive.

Man, take a day away to go hunting, and you miss FIVE PAGES of comments. This does look good. I can only hope that the supply chain extends into Canada on an early basis.

DrMike":3opa0amn said:
Man, take a day away to go hunting, and you miss FIVE PAGES of comments. This does look good. I can only hope that the supply chain extends into Canada on an early basis.

Where have you been this is old news already :lol: I will be trying them at the earliest opportunity, Omineca Sports usually gets new products in pretty quick.

Yeah, Gerry, I must have played Rip Van Winkle or something. Obviously, I've been asleep all day. :mrgreen:

AzDak42":3qwygq8z said:
Can you imagine the 7mm STW with a 26" tube launching those 175s?

I"m imagining them in my 29" tube....WOW.

Nosler sure delivered us a TREAT, and not a trick this Haloween!

So, since I (and maybe some others here) have become a demanding snot, I immediately think of others that I want... some already mentioned. 60-70 gr. .224", 105-115 gr. .243", 115-125 .257", a heavier .264", anything in .323"...

I guess I'll need to get the Coyote 7 WSM set up and running now...

Back