INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

RidgeRunner - with this "Not like the "old" Accubonds were poor at long range..."

I was trying to say that the regular Accubonds weren't poor at long range. I always thought of them as very capable long range bullets. You and I agree, I just didn't word it well.

Could be why I've got 100 of them loaded up over H4350 for my .300 WSM right now. The 200 grainers.

It will be interesting to see if the new long-range versions are a lot better than the originals for my purposes. They surely do promise to be slicker with those high BC's... That could be real good, as long as they're as accurate as the originals too.

Nice shooting BTW!

Guy

Guy Miner":mzl4ur6l said:
RidgeRunner - with this "Not like the "old" Accubonds were poor at long range..."

I was trying to say that the regular Accubonds weren't poor at long range. I always thought of them as very capable long range bullets. You and I agree, I just didn't word it well.

Could be why I've got 100 of them loaded up over H4350 for my .300 WSM right now. The 200 grainers.

It will be interesting to see if the new long-range versions are a lot better than the originals for my purposes. They surely do promise to be slicker with those high BC's... That could be real good, as long as they're as accurate as the originals too.

Nice shooting BTW!

Guy
sorry you worded it ok, my reading comprehension was in the bahamas, my bad! yep if they are slicker than the old accubonds, lotta stuff gonna die "way over there" with them.
RR

Let the good times roll :lol: I will be trying a new bullet in my 270 :wink: and now this dream of a 280AI is really taking hold.
Hope that they look at some 225gr in the 35cal.
Looking forward to the day they are launched unfortunately by the time they get to Canada I will be old to see :roll:

Blessings,
Dan

I've officially gotten nothing done today at work with this announcement! Been too busy running numbers through my ballistics program....That 6.5 is looking promising for my 260 build and the 210gr is going to get a serious look in my 300 H&H. If I can push that one at 2800fps it's going to be a laser compared to anything else I've loaded! At 2800fps it's hitting the minimum 1300fps at 1500 yards. If these BC's hold up and the accuracy is good these are going to be really hard to keep in stock!!!

Maybe I missed it somewhere...any idea on when these hit the shelves? Nosler if you need any testers for these....you just let me know! 8)

From what I have gathered, these initial offerings will be available spring/summer 2013.
Just in time for crop damage deer. :mrgreen:

JD338

Okay, question: aside from my 7mm Rem Mag which has a 1:9 twist for the 168 gr AccuBond LR, how does this affect my other rifles, all of which range from 1:10 to 1:20 twist barrels? I am happy to see this offering being done but I just have some questions about barrel twist suitability for the rifles that I own?

Here is the deal with my rifles:
.204 Ruger-1:12 twist
.257 Roberts-1:10 twist
.270 Win-1:10 twist
7mm Rem Mag-1:9 twist
.30-06-1:10 twist
.338 Federal-1:10 twist
9mmx74R-1:20 twist

Maybe the 1:10 barrels will shoot the lighter weights? Just have to find out or is Nosler going to make a recomendation on each new bullet? Just curious on how these new bullets can affect my rifles and loadings?

jmad_81":2onb9rex said:
IdahoCTD":2onb9rex said:
The next bullets I would do would be a 225-250gr .338 in the new design and then something heavier to surpass the 300gr AB for BC. A good 300+gr .375 bullet would rock too.

That 225-250 .338 is the one I'm waiting for! Pretty sure it would make one heck of an elk stopper for a long ways out of the 338/375R that is on its way.

I want to drive to Bend, and shake some hands! Well done Nosler.

That 225-250 in the 338 would be AWESOME!!!

I will definitely be trying the 129 gr 6.5 mm in my new 260 when it arrives, depending on what we buy next either the 270 150 gr or one of the smaller 7mm slugs will get a work out. Would love to see a sleek 35 cal for my 1 in 12 twist Whelen :)

Ridgerunner665":2v7w5ai6 said:
I'd like to some more detailed specs....bearing surface, bullet length, etc.

I would think with the VLD and longer Ogive, they are going to have less bearing surface than a similar weighted AB or BT, which should result in excellent speeds too.. Just thinking out loud, but I am very excited to see what they do in my 270WSM, 7mm WSM and 300 WSM's (150, 168 and 190)..

Hey guys do you think there might be a chance for a.......................wait for it..............a 6mm 105 gr. bullet? :shock: :( I know, shocked that I would suggest such a thing. :mrgreen: Twenty six big old inches on that Ruger #1B of mine, OH MY! Fotis I don't see you grousing for a bullet for your NEW 25-06!! Just think a sleek new 120 gr. Ultra-bond!!

Regarding the twist rates...

The standard 1-10" twist of the 30 calibers will shoot these new bullets just fine...1-11" might work too, not sure about 1-12" in the 308 Win though....thats why I was asking about bullet length earlier.

Its also why a 168 or 175 grain 30 caliber ALR would be a good idea I think...for all those folks with 22" 308 Winchesters.

At first I was a little disappointed that there was no lighter 30 caliber...then I ran some numbers....the 190 is PERFECT for my needs, even if the BC is off by 10% its still gonna be .574 and that means that these bullets at 2,700 fps...will plow any elk at 800 yards or any deer out to 1,200 yards.

I couldn't ask for more...Good job Nolser!!!

I cannot wait...I'd pay to do some product testing!

SJB358":28sy7j23 said:
Ridgerunner665":28sy7j23 said:
I'd like to see some more detailed specs....bearing surface, bullet length, etc.

I would think with the VLD and longer Ogive, they are going to have less bearing surface than a similar weighted AB or BT, which should result in excellent speeds too..

Yep...thats what I'm thinking too!!! :grin:

A 120gr .25 would probably be too heavy for the common 10" twist in a long VLD type configuration. A 100-105 in 6mm would rock as would some .375's

A 10" twist in a .30 will typically stabilize up to 230-240gr depending on bullet design
A 9 twist is enough for up to 180gr VLD style bullets in a 7mm

IdahoCTD":27w93xxt said:
A 120gr .25 would probably be too heavy for the common 10" twist in a long VLD type configuration. A 100-105 in 6mm would rock as would some .375's

A 115 would be okay with me too! :twisted:

Remember the old Remington 122 grain "Extended Range" 25-06 loads?

Those wouldn't stabilize very good in the 25-06, at least not at the factory loaded velocity (I did pull and reload some that worked...)...the 25-06 is just one of those calibers that was spun wrong from the start, at least for serious long range work...it should have been at least 1-9.5"....1-9" being ideal I think.

Back