INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

Woodycreek":v157q2p0 said:
jmad_81":v157q2p0 said:
Mason,
I would think that a 6mm (just for you David), .257", and a .338" addition would make a lot of people happy. I think you got most of the LR hunter covered already with the line up that you just announced. I would think that the .338 would have the highest demand out of what wasn't covered by this first offering. I would shoot 225-250 gr .338 ALR by the truck loads!

I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while though with the .277 150, and the 7mm 168.

I spent some time on a few other forums lastnight, and it seems like Nosler has generated a lot of buzz with the ALR. Seems a lot of people have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I was a bit shocked that a very large portion of the comments were about the .277 150 ALR.

Looks like you guys are giving some of "grandpas" calibers some new life.

Great job!

I forgot about the 338 225-250 gr! We talked about that for a few text last night. I will second breathing new life into the 270 cal. May even play with the 150s in my 270 Win.

I was starting to wonder if you .458 was a miss print lol.

I was kinda joking about the 458 300gr ALR, but I try to plug for a 300 gr replacement anytime I can!

NoslerMP":3nojyces said:
We are happy to see that everyone is so excited about these bullets, we are very excited too!

The AccuBond-LR bullets will be available in stores by the end of March 2013.

We designed this year's offerings to stabilize in standard twist rate barrels when loaded to standard book velocities, hence the 6.5mm 129gr. We determined that a 140gr would be too long to stabilize in standard twist barrels. We will consider offering longer, heavier designs intended for faster-than-standard twist barrels in the future.

Keep in mind, this is just our initial offering and we will be expanding the line in the future. If we aren't yet offering the weight or caliber that you want, let us know as we do take your requests into account when designing new products.
I don't suppose we could get you to let loose with actual bullet dimensions so a guy could use them in a "modified point mass ballistics calculator"

jmad_81":i6gdaw04 said:
Mason,
I would think that a 6mm (just for you David), .257", and a .338" addition would make a lot of people happy. I think you got most of the LR hunter covered already with the line up that you just announced. I would think that the .338 would have the highest demand out of what wasn't covered by this first offering. I would shoot 225-250 gr .338 ALR by the truck loads!

I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while though with the .277 150, and the 7mm 168.

I spent some time on a few other forums lastnight, and it seems like Nosler has generated a lot of buzz with the ALR. Seems a lot of people have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I was a bit shocked that a very large portion of the comments were about the .277 150 ALR.

Looks like you guys are giving some of "grandpas" calibers some new life.

Great job!

I can't wait to see what that 150 does in the WSM Jake. That is FIRST priority with everything else being 2nd..

All of them are getting a go in my rifles though. Should be a fun Summer when they start hitting the shelves. Need to stock up on powder though. Could be a bunch of it getting burned up!

175 or 168 in my 7mm rum
150 in my 270 wsm
215 in my 30-378

Great news! I think the 129 6.5 bullet should have the letters "F U N' stamped on the base like speer used to do with their grand slams (GS).

I can't wait to see what that 150 does in the WSM Jake. That is FIRST priority with everything else being 2nd..

Could agree more! With how the 150VLD shoot in my WSM I can't wait for the 150ALR at 3100+. I feel the BC may be a bit inflated but am hoping its still .6 at least.

I was hoping for a regular 150 AB, so any added BC over the .496 of the 140 AB is gravy for me. Even if they are inflated, they are better than the current AB line by a far bit I would bet.

Nosler is pretty conservative with their BC's.

JD338

As soon as I get my hands on some of those 190's...I can provide a pretty accurate BC.

It goes like this...Find a good consistent load (single digit SD), chrono it at the muzzle, chrono it at 300 yards, chrono it at 600 yards....take accurate note of atmospheric conditions at the time of the test, go on JBM's site, enter all the atmospheric data...and adjust the BC until the numbers match.

That method won't be exact either...but it will be very close, plenty close enough. Ideally one would need 2-3 chronos, then you could chrono the same bullet at different distances...I only have 1 chrono, thats why a single digit SD is very important when doing this.

In addition to what they have told us about I'd like to see the heaviest bullet that will stabilize in a 8" twist for a .243, .264, and .284. So something like 105-115grs in 6mm, 145-155grs in 6.5mm, and 190-200grs in 7mm. In .270 I'd do the heaviest a 10" and 9" twist will stabilize. In .30 I'd add a 230-240gr that will work in a 10" twist (think .750-.800 BC). I'd like to see a .650-.700BC .338 bullet from 225-250grs and then do a heavy one that will stabilize in a 10" twist with a BC north of .800. Since I think .375's are gaining popularity for LR I'd do one for the common 12" twist from 300 to 350grs and another for 10" twist barrels with a BC over .900 and approaching 1.0.

OK my dreaming is done.

I'd also like to see these packaged in 250-500ct and 1000ct boxes like the CC's. Typically LR shooters shoot a LOT more than your average hunter and buying them by the 100 doesn't last long and is expensive. Just something to consider given the target audience....if nothing else the main competitor to this line of bullet offers bulk packaging and their price point for 100ct 130gr 6.5's is ~$40 and $190 for a 500ct box. I'd love to see these compete with those prices as well!

Good point _5, I would love to see them use the same bullet profile in their custom comp offerings, while keeping the price competitive. I am thinking the new accubonds will be selling close to $40 or better per 50 in the 30 cal realm. I hope I am totally wrong on that. If they are as efficient as predicted I am down with trying them regardless of the price.

Back