it's about over , hunting for bucks .

I still have trail cameras out but the last buck that I have with antlers was December 29. My cameras are equipped with external battery packs that I put together myself. These are Tactacams, so I'm able to receive pictures to my cellphone check batteries and memory remotely. I didn't go with solar panels because of the camera locations. I'm planning to add a couple more this year.

I still have trail cameras out but the last buck that I have with antlers was December 29. My cameras are equipped with external battery packs that I put together myself. These are Tactacams, so I'm able to receive pictures to my cellphone check batteries and memory remotely. I didn't go with solar panels because of the camera locations. I'm planning to add a couple more this year.
I've had a bunch of fun running these cameras . I'll probably get my camera out watching the den in the next couple days .

We’ve so much snow lately , it will be awhile before I can get out there with the 4-wheeler

we have had a very mild winter . I'd guess the most snow I've had on the ground has been 6" . I'm under a winter watch yesterday until this morning , I doubt there is 2" on the ground . the other day we got probably 4 or 5 inches , heck it was gone the next day .

last week my camera got a raccoon ,and porcupines . I didn't realize porcupines would be out and about during a snow storm, that kind of surprised me . I also put a camera on the den . I need to change the batteries in the den camera , I didn't realize how low they were before I put it out .

MFDC0907 (2).JPG

MFDC0900 (2).JPG

den 2.jpg

we have had a very mild winter . I'd guess the most snow I've had on the ground has been 6" . I'm under a winter watch yesterday until this morning , I doubt there is 2" on the ground . the other day we got probably 4 or 5 inches , heck it was gone the next day .
Since late February seems like we’ve been averaging 6” every 3 days. 5-7” is expected tonight and into tomorrow , we just got 6.5” Thursday night. Global warming my butt

Yes we've been getting it too but It doesn't seem like much when you look at what they have been getting in the West.

Here is what we have gotten this winter. A fair amount for here but it hasn't been bad. We keep getting warm ups and melting it as we go. More snow coming tomorrow...

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20230310_190847351_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230310_190847351_HDR.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 3
we went out and changed the den cam batteries yesterday . I did pull the chip on the heavy trail cam friday . while we were out yesterday I thought we are in the area we might as well swap chips again on the heavy trail again . I got a bobcat , must like the area.

MFDC0938 (2).JPG

MFDC0939 (2).JPG

MFDC0940 (2).JPG

Last edited:
it looks like rabbits , and porcupines are using the den , that's all I've got on the camera . the den sure has Sallys attention .

MFDC2790 (2).JPG MFDC2853 (2).JPG MFDC2939 (2).JPG

MFDC2877 (2).JPG

I got a bobcat again , and many porcupines . we seem to have more than our share of porcupines .

MFDC1017 (2).JPG

I put another camera out . I found a well used trail while I was messing around with the den , and decided to put a camera on it . got a couple deer , and a few decent gobblers .

IMG_0004 (2).JPG IMG_0005 (2).JPG IMG_0007 (2).JPG

Lots of action on your camera. Nice action shot of the bobcat too.
I've got bobcats on our property. Saw tracks several times this past winter but never got any pictures of them.
Did get a picture of a buck the other night though.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20230226_140825497.jpg
    IMG_20230226_140825497.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230325_180733.jpg
    IMG_20230325_180733.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 6
your bobcat tracks are right with rabbit tracks . between bobcats , fox , coyotes , owls , hawks , it's a wonder there are any small game animals .

that bucks holding on to his horn .

well the bucks are starting to grow new antlers . I have a few pics of bucks with bumps .
got a bobcat, and a coyote , he was in front of the camera about half an hour before me this morning. got quite a few gobblers . the woods is coming alive.

MFDC3129 (2).JPG

MFDC3081 (2).JPG

IMG_0031 (2).JPG

IMG_0004 (4).JPG

I changed pic cards today . got cats , dogs , turkeys , button bucks , and of course a bunch of porcupines .

what do you think , two different cats ? they look like they are colored different to me .
IMG_0006 (3).JPGMFDC3206 (2).JPGMFDC1109 (2).JPGMFDC1100 (2).JPGMFDC3209 (2).JPGMFDC1112 (2).JPG

what do you think , two different cats ? they look like they are colored different to me .
Boy I can’t imagine 2 on the same path , anything is possible.
I have this feller heading back in the patch again. wld_0018.jpeg
I wish the critter will quit turning my camera.

Back