JEEP WRANGLER

Winch is on!
Moving the vacuum pump was a bear. I’ll update with pics in the daylight.
Winch works great!
My neighbor is going to help me install an Old Man Emu lift kit when it gets here. I asked him tonight if he wanted to go to Colorado with me in August to run some Jeep trails and he jumped at the opportunity.

Vince

61A66CF4-B379-45AA-AEA4-9BCFD5190EAD.jpeg
The infernal vacuum pump.
The dark recess is the bracket I had to cut, it’s welded to the frame, to get the winch in.
Finally the finished product.

Attachments

• B3986CF6-2623-4917-8130-CB4D38283991.jpeg
    B3986CF6-2623-4917-8130-CB4D38283991.jpeg
    598.2 KB · Views: 9
  • CBC72657-9780-4523-8E77-BF589B89AE9E.jpeg
    CBC72657-9780-4523-8E77-BF589B89AE9E.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 9
A56FE1DC-71AD-4B3A-A179-66066233EEFC.jpeg
Put this rack in the back to help with organizing the small but valiant Mighty Mouse.
I think I just named my Jeep. That seems to be the current fad. Mighty Mouse. I like it. 👍🏻
8E8A0B65-0663-4E89-B62F-6BEAC43D53BE.jpegHere’s a view of the top of the rack.

Vince

Last edited:
I know I won’t find anything as fun as riding bulls.

This will be a good hobby though.

Vince
Vince I have a cousin that use to ride bulls. He was a high school state champion for 3 years in a row back in the 80's and still has a rodeo company now. Personally I never found the need to get on one.

Vince I have a cousin that use to ride bulls. He was a high school state champion for 3 years in a row back in the 80's and still has a rodeo company now. Personally I never found the need to get on one.
My dad wanted me to be a golfer. ⛳🏌🏼‍♂️

Personally I’d rather drink arsenic. I broke my clubs when I was seventeen and threw them at his feet. Outside of miniature golf I’ve not played another round.

Vince

My dad wanted me to be a golfer. ⛳🏌🏼‍♂️

Personally I’d rather drink arsenic. I broke my clubs when I was seventeen and threw them at his feet. Outside of miniature golf I’ve not played another round.

Vince
The only "pasture ball" I ever liked was when we tossed a golf ball out in the sheep pasture (really short grass..) and took turns trying to advance it across the "course" er pasture with the 22's.. That was fun- just dont let your uncle catch you shooting around the sheep.... CL

New windshield is on.
Cracked the old one the first week I had it. Finally got tired of the crack so I used my glass insurance. Thank you Allstate.

I had them give me Jeep factory glass so I could keep the Jeep logo on the glass. Didn’t cost me anything and they can’t raise my rates for the claim. The really nice feature was that they came to my house to do the install.

Vince

Roof rack will be my next project for the exterior.

I’m not a rock crawler. More of an overlanding type that likes blue trails. I stay away from the black trails as those are rated, “ Difficult to Damage Likely “.

Instead of doing the entire bottom in a skid plate system I’m considering just a few important skids like the differential covers. Anybody got any ideas, words of advice, or general knowledge to share?

I also decided to stick with 33” to 34” tires instead of the 35” tires to save weight.

Vince

Words of advise, sell the Jeep and get another mountain horse it's safer. lol

I used to have an expanded metal rack that went around the spare tire that was mounted on the back on my 46 Willys Jeep. I used it to haul extra fuel and water to camp then it came in real handy to haul a buck out of the backcountry.

Didn’t do much on the Jeep this stretch of days off.

Just did some interior trim, grab bar, and checked on when my lift is going to be here. They keep giving me a ship date and then push it further back.

I’ve still got the roof rack and rear bumper to do.

Vince

Attachments

• 56BA38CE-3406-4A89-9429-1CA22B2AF7A6.jpeg
    56BA38CE-3406-4A89-9429-1CA22B2AF7A6.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 5CA78050-5C44-4CBF-B3C0-6EAC8F3E77F1.jpeg
    5CA78050-5C44-4CBF-B3C0-6EAC8F3E77F1.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 6
  • BF7B225D-338D-4F56-AEB0-A50F793B7E1A.jpeg
    BF7B225D-338D-4F56-AEB0-A50F793B7E1A.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 6
So those just came in the mail? The USPS didn't cancel the stamps, I noticed.:rolleyes:

It all looks quite dashing, Vince. Congratulations.(y)

Looks great Vince. Hopefully you get the lift kit soon. It will be worth the wait.

JD338

Went to put locking hood latches on the Mighty Mouse and found I’m missing a nut. I always was a little bit crazy. 🤣

Anyhow I got one hood latch on and one fender off. I’m replacing the plastic fenders with metal ones that are flat instead of rounded. This will allow for more up travel in my suspension. I just need the rivet tool I ordered to get here.

I attempted to mount the rear bumper today only to find that the stock Jeep bolts don’t fit and I didn’t get any bolts with the bumper.

Tomorrow I’ll sojourn to the nutz and bolts emporium to seek my conquest. Then I’ll rip the rest of the fenders off and start on the roof rack.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Vince

Went to put locking hood latches on the Mighty Mouse and found I’m missing a nut. I always was a little bit crazy. 🤣

Anyhow I got one hood latch on and one fender off. I’m replacing the plastic fenders with metal ones that are flat instead of rounded. This will allow for more up travel in my suspension. I just need the rivet tool I ordered to get here.

I attempted to mount the rear bumper today only to find that the stock Jeep bolts don’t fit and I didn’t get any bolts with the bumper.

Tomorrow I’ll sojourn to the nutz and bolts emporium to seek my conquest. Then I’ll rip the rest of the fenders off and start on the roof rack.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Vince

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Vince
Very nice Vince. Your project is really coming along. I like the JEEP acronym.

JD338

Front track bar and front lower control arms from Core 4x4 ordered.

Since red is my accent color I ordered them in red. I’ll eventually replace all the control arms, track bars, and tie rod with red painted metal. Maybe some red alloy wheels too.

Me thinks mon Jeep will be the Jeep version of a French house of ill repute. 🤣

Vince

Locking hood latches are on.
License plate delete is on and wired. Now for the bad news.

I ordered the wrong roof rack. Got it for sale on Facebook as it fits a TJ and not a JK. 🤬 Got it for sale at a deeply discounted price for local pick up only. Brand new just open box. My mistake is your savings. Almost half off.

Vince

Back