Join the 6.5mm club!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Whoever has one and uses it can join.

I will initiate

I decided to keep 3 of my #1's. My 204 1v my 458 Lott 1H and my limited production 264 1B with super nice stock...IMO.

Will be shooting it soon'

Standby for updates as soon as the dreaded WY winds die down.

2642-1-1.jpg

2641-1.jpg

many updates to follow. My ultimate goal is to get all 6.5 nuts out here and use their 6.5mm's for goats!!!

I'm in.

I have a Contender 6.5 JDJ. Loaded with the 120 gr BT, MV is 2424 fps.
JDTCContender65JDJ.jpg

I just bought a Remington M673 Guide 6.5 mm Rem Mag. I am planning on working up loads with the 120 gr BT, 125 gr PT and the 130 gr AB.
Picture008.jpg

This should be a great round for Antelope and WT deer.

JD338

POP":5yj5uest said:
264 1B with super nice stock...IMO.

Not just your opinion POP, but an indisputable fact. It is a beauty.

My Viking blood yearns for a Sako 6.5x55, but my American side says the .270 I already have precludes it... What a terrible dilemma! :(

Can I play? I have a Hawkeye in 6.5 Creedmoor. Sorry, no pics, as it's at home and I'm in Central Oregon.

Where do I sign up? Who has the t-shirts and bumper stickers?

Remington 700 .260
Savage 10FP .260
Winchester 70 . 264 Win Mag
Tikka T-3 6.5x55
Swedish model 96 Mauser 6.5x55
Swedish Model 38 Infantry Carbine 6.5x55
Swedish Model 38 Cavalry Carbine 6.5x55
Custom 6.5x55/98 action/Shilen barrel/bold trigger/B & C stock

Fotis -
Love the idea!!! When and where is the first club meeting?

All I have to offer for club membership is a Remmy 700 LE in a .260 right now. The one that may be able to run with all your .264's should be here in about two weeks.

Sign me up. :mrgreen:

Four 96 Swedes 6.5X55 one being sporterized into a hunting rifle.
A 96/38 Swede 6.5X55
A custom Rem 700 Shilen barrel 264 Win mag.

Only one 6.5, a 260 Remington Model 7 CDL. I do believe I would jump on any that were exciting, however.

I'm in with my 6.5/06 Imp, "Target Rifle" category..

257 Ack; Please dont hate me because I'm laminated.... :mrgreen:

IMG_0007.jpg

Rod - after our conversation, I know you mean well with the laminated coment :mrgreen: !! I want to shoot "BIG BLUE" to see what it is like. We will have to set you up on a hill somewhere out in Wyoming and run herds of goats by you, so you don't have to carry that around :wink: .

Where's Scotty too hotty with his 264 maggie?

Guess I am in the club, my son as well. I have a #1B in 6.5 Creedmoor. We also have Contenders in 6.5 JDJ. 6.5 is sweet.

Hegland, Buy 6.5 swede, it is fun to shoot. For medium size deer and coyotes it is great. To get it right start to reload. But..... if you want to hunt bigger game you might need another rifle.
I have Sako Classic 85 in 270, ( yes ) and Sako 85 Finnlite in 6.5 x 55 SE. They both work.
Swede is just cool but it has its limits.
:grin:

Wlodek

POP":nsyolxyr said:
Where's Scotty too hotty with his 264 maggie?

Fotis -
I think he had to travel to the "left" coast for some work and may not have as much access for a few days. He was pretty amped after his last range session with the .264, so don't think there will be a problem getting him to drag it to the first club meeting :lol:

I can only offer up a pair of .260's - both work fantastic on elk :grin:
Model 7 youth for the wife & soon to be big enough son. 12X Leupy on top
Model 700 BDL Varminter W/ 25in tube I had built for my Dad. 16X Leupy a-top.View attachment 260X2.JPG

Mark,

What sort of accuracy do you observe with the youth model? What are you shooting in that particular rifle? I'm working with a Model 7 CDL, and haven't witnessed the accuracy I want just yet.

Mike

Unfortunately you and me both. It shoots just under a minute of pie plate. This is one of the first 260's Rem came out with and has the shorter barrel to boot.
The best group I've seen came with 43.0 gr of H414 & 130gr AB's and shot 5/8 inch @ 100.
I've had a few others just slightly over an inch with 107gr SMK's &100/120gr BT's. I've tried Varget, IMR 4350, RL17, RL19 & N-140. It definately likes the lighter bullets as does my Dad's 260.

We've taken elk with the 120 BT, but I've become a believer out of the 130gr AB in that caliber.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a gun since last November :oops: I was starting to play with N560 / 130gr AB's & VLD's out of my Dads - there was some real promise in both the accuracy & velocity dept. Same said for RL19.

Sure hope you can get it to shoot - I keep wanting to build a 6.5X47, but can't bring myself to do it on that model 7 action.

Your results sound suspiciously like mine. I'm focused on the 130 AB as well. Mine has the 20 inch barrel, as well. I bought it with my grandchildren in view. I'm not prepared to give up on it, but I do recognise that it is going to take some careful attention. Thanks for your input giving your personal experience. I'll post results as soon as they are positive.

Back