Leaving on Sunday for Black Bear

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Well, the time has come pretty fast!..The wifey and I are leaving this Sunday morning for our journey to northern Ontario in pursuit of one of my favourite game animals, it's going to be a combo vacation/hunt, we're both looking forward to it :grin: ..I'll be taking along my Beretta 12 gauge with 00 buck,(just in case I have to track a wounded Bear :shock: ) and my Tikka 300 win mag loaded with the 180gr swift scirocco bullet, all in all, it should all be good (y)

I'll keep ya posted, yah I'm bringing my lap top too 8)

Lou :wink:

Go git ' em.
Best of luck to you mate.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas :) ..a few more sleeps and then I point the F150 north 8) ..should all work out, I'll keep updates and any pics from the main lodge where they have wifi (y)

Best of luck. Had to cancel my Black Bear hunt. Supposed to be on it now. :(

Good luck Lou.
Enjoy your hunt with your child bride. :)

JD338

Lou I am glad you are going for black bear with your wife :)!!
Have a great hunt.
Remember shoot straight, have fun, & most of all be SAFE (y)!
Looking forward to lots of photos & a good story or 2 :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Well, thanks to all of you great guys :) ..I was planning on working up a load with the 180gr Partition's but with home renovation's and stuff time is limited :roll: ..I well be sure to take lots of photos from the lodge and hopefully of a bruin too :) ..I'm right on the lake with a beautiful view for the wife and I, I'll try my best for sure, the bears in the area run about 200 lbs with some bigger or a touch smaller, I would just love to hammer one with a very nice hide, I'll be pointing my F150 north this coming weekend for sure, and keep you all informed with what happens :wink:

Lou :)

Good luck Lou. Sounds like a great way to kick off the fall. Have fun and be safe.

Well, we just got back late today, the wife and I had a great time :) ..11 hunters took 8 bears, and I wasn't one of them :roll: ..I have to thank Sandra and Steve for taking my wife out shopping and speed boating and stuff 8) ...long story made short, I was offered to go back, heck I'm going back up this Friday for another 3 days in search of the Bear, we put trail timers out on 2 hot spots, I just might have better luck on my own :wink: ..it's not over yet (y)

SJB358":bl619gn9 said:
Good deal Lou. Sounds like you all had a nice time up there.

Thanks Scotty :) ..my wife had a great time, but didn't want to go on the float plane tour :shock: ..all in all, it was very relaxing and peace full pal, I'm giving it another shot this coming weekend for sure!..I thought the new 300 would roar, but it had no chance too, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sure! (y)

Lou

I'll be thinking of you and hoping you connect.

In tradition of my ancestors brah I'm burning incense and chanting to the bear in the big kaluhana, oh wait, I'm not supposed to inhale this incense. I'm off in search of proper medical help for medicinal purposes brah. :)
Good luck buddy!

Vince

Lou, I am glad you are getting a second crack at those black bears. I am sure wishing you success remember lots of photos & a good story is almost monitory :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Vince":1wed9w5t said:
Any update?

Hi Vince, I'm heading back first thing Friday morning, it's only a 3.5 hour drive, I hope things go better this time around, I'll be hunting for another 3 days, or hopefully less, I'll update regardless of what happens, this time around, no wifey, just me and the owner of the lodge, he's gone the extra mile for me, and hopefully it all pans out pal (y) :wink:

Lou

Back