Leupold Custom Service

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
Just got my Leupold VX-I 3x9x40 scope back from them. Wow what fast and reasonably priced service. I got the idea years back from Jorey to send it in and have the tension spring adjustments changed to click adjustments. I had experienced some lack of performance on rifles beginning at 270 caliber with the tension spring type adjustments. :(

For 69.99 they changed it up, checked it out with their industry Quality Check, and shipped it back to me in just under two weeks. Put it back on the 30-06 and its shooting better than ever. Plan to do this with a few other Leupy's I have in the future. :wink:

Haha, looking back I shouldve just went with the VX-II, the price coincidentally is about 70 dollars more. But I am way pleased and now have a customized scope for a very customized rifle.

Great to know. I just sent them my VX3 for CDS MOA turrets.... :mrgreen:

Yup, had them put M1 turrets on a Vari-X III of mine a couple of years ago - very fast turnaround and the turrets work great. Reasonable price too.

Also had to send them a hard-use Vari-X III from a SWAT rifle. Windage adjustment went out. Twice. Both times they fixed it and got it back to me within a week! After the second repair, it hasn't needed their attention in quite a few years. Those repairs were free. I think the very fast turnaround was due to it being from a duty rifle for the SWAT team.

That kind of customer service gives me great confidence when I buy a used Leupold scope.

Guy

Leupold is a world class company. Their turn around is usually under 2 weeks.
Tough to beat.

JD338

One of these days I'm gonna start sending in my older Leupy scopes in for a checkup, conversion to click adjustments, and M1 elevation turrets. I have a VX III 2.5-8x that's gonna get a turret and a reticle change... don't really like the heavy duplex that's on it now. Kinda handy them being only minutes from my parent's place, maybe half-hour to 45 minutes from mine. Should I ever be at home.

Might just order me an FX II 3x Big Bore while I'm there.

FOTIS":1qoza0rp said:
Great to know. I just sent them my VX3 for CDS MOA turrets.... :mrgreen:
Fotis,
I am interested those turrets that leupold is doing for you. Keep us all posted. Brian

I will.

Specifically this is what I requested.

"I want to have MOA CDS turrets installed for windage and elevation. Additionally I am requesting 2 elevation turrets. One with the zero stop, and one without, that will allow for more than one full revolution of the turret."

How long ago did the VX-II start coming with click adjustments? Just picked up a VX-II thinking they all had click adjustments. Alas, I did not check and this one does not. Do the tenson sdjustments not hold a zero as well? Is changing them out a necessity before I put it on my 12 ga Slug gun? CL

I don't think I'd sweat it too much on a slug gun. It's not like you're going to be shooting a 500 yards or anything. You're not, are you? :)

Naw- but just for entertainment we'll be shootin' the flies of a bulls @$$ at 50 yards. That requires some precision... :lol:
Seriously getting a slug gun to do anything consistiently has been a total frustration for me so I am trying to eliminate all the variables I can. CL

I don't believe the tension dials will drift anymore than the click dial. People just like the solid feel and the fact that they don't have to look to see what they adjusted to. All the VX-IIs came with tension adjustments until a few years back. I'd say it wasn't much more than five years ago. I haven't purchased a VX-II or a VX2 for about seven years, though I sold a few.

cloverleaf":27kfzgzf said:
Seriously getting a slug gun to do anything consistiently has been a total frustration for me so I am trying to eliminate all the variables I can. CL

I know the biggest variable for me will be the nut behind the trigger! No matter how much I try to deny it, my brain insists on recognizing when I get the crap beat out of me!

BK":2y2n8m38 said:
cloverleaf":2y2n8m38 said:

I know the biggest variable for me will be the nut behind the trigger! No matter how much I try to deny it, my brain insists on recognizing when I get the crap beat out of me!

So true....! CL

Back