leupold / gilmore red dot or Burris speed dot

mj30wilson

Beginner
May 20, 2006
Anyone have expierience with these? I heard gilmore is not doing so well and are not honoring warranty work leupolds lifetime warrenty does not apply. Also they have stopped producing red dot sights for leupold, probably due to all the problems I have been hearing about. I know doug koenig has one on his compitition pistol but i have a feeling a little more care is given to the optics when leupold is sposoring you and when your doug koenig.

Burris speed dot: I am looking at this for an alturnative. Has anyone ever had problems with these. What failed to function. I am a advisor in a small town for the local swat/police unit and budgeting $250 speed dots is a alot better than budgeting $400 - 500 sights when you buy in bulk.

Which would you choose?

I can still buy limited quantities of the leupold/gilmores but should I ?

Please write any suggestions.

What firearm is being used?

Our SWAT team went to the EOTech on our M-16's a few years ago and we've been very pleased with them. They do run about $350 - $400, but the team should be able to get them at a reduced price. We've found them to be very reliable, very accurate, very user-friendly.

Most guys found that they were much faster getting on target with the EOTech than they were with the standard issue iron sights. Also, we were able to keep the sights on the rifle, and we're able to use the sights just by looking through the EOTech - a nice feature in case it ever did break or malfunction during an operation. Being able to adjust the intensity of the light was very useful. In the dark of night, I generally keep the thing turned down to a near-minimum setting, which works fine.

We've stayed with the standard tritium night sights on the pistols.

Regards, Guy

I have the EO Tech on my Mathews bow and it is one awesome sight. Very durable too, recoil on a bow is very hard on optics.

JD338

Back