Leupold VX-6

I wanna see them run about 20 rounds thru your 378 Fotis. Now that is a test...

SJB358":31keibn8 said:
I wanna see them run about 20 rounds thru your 378 Fotis. Now that is a test...
I concur :)

JD338

The moment of impulse from the 378 is greater than that of the jack hammer. Whilst the jack hammer provides a dramatic visual, it doesn't actually compare to the force imparted by a cartridge with large case capacity launching a heavy bullet.

Me too but 1K is too much money for a test!

FOTIS":1jaycp97 said:
Me too but 1K is too much money for a test!

I agree with that!

If that thing tore apart MK4's, I am pretty sure that little NF is going to get a good test..

Well, I was just thinking of one trial run, to see if it survives.

I love my vx-6 2-12x42

But when I Used it in Saskatchewan the dam power ring wouldn't turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that was an issue from other sources also

Dixi, where abouts were you hunting here in Saskatchewan and if I may ask was it Whitetail? I have by the sounds of it the same scope as you and I never had that problem. I am wondering if Leupold could do something for you regarding making the ring easier to turn?

Blessings,
Dan

West side of province

Between st. Walburg and paradise hill.
Northeast of lloydminster.

You were almost in Alberta! Good area for whitetail, as evidenced by your success.

Dixi, that is some dandy Whitetail country. I have never hunted that far north but did hunt the Maidstone country a few times :) which is south of there a few miles.
Well I sure hope that Leupold would help you out on the power ring. I have always had top shelf customer service from them in the past.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks drmike and yes sask it is awesome.... I will be going back

As far as Leupold, I won't even send it in. I leave it on 6x when shots are more than 100 yards and 4x when they are less. It's mounted and sighted, I ain't touching it. I did sell a Schmidt and bender and like this leupold I replaced it with more

The vx6 is awesome

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387487316.837204.jpg

DIXIE":1ix2a664 said:
I did sell a Schmidt and bender and like this leupold I replaced it with more

The vx6 is awesome

That is quite a statement! Schmidt and Bender is assuredly quality glass. I do like the colouring job on your stock, consequently.

Dixi, that is a good looking rifle what do you have that Leupold sitting on top of?
Is it a custom?

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks guys

Yeah it's a custom 308win

I'll spare you the details unless you ask for them

Basically it's a Rem 700 clone

As far as glass, I do not feel that in 2013, Germans have super duper secret technology that makes them infinitely brighter glass

The Schmidt was nice but heavier, less eye relief, field curvature at lower powers, and was a lonnnggg monstrous scope.

The Leupold you just have a great reticle, great picture and lonnnggggg, forgiving, non-critical, eye relief

Back