Looking for .358 Accubond in 200 grain

jswbga

Beginner
Feb 6, 2014
I've been searching the reloading world over, and have not been able to find a box of Nosler 200 grain AB's in .358.

if anyone knows of a place that has them, or if they have a partial box they wouldnt mind selling, I'd be very, very interested.

I presently load the 225 PT in my .358 Win. Its a great bullet, but I think the 200 AB should be the perfect bullet.

Please advise if anyone has a lead on some of these. I dont even need a whole box. Heck, I'd be thrilled to load and test TEN of them. :)

FYI, I tried loading 225 AB's but they didnt group very well. I have about 40 of them left, and I'd gladly offer those as trade bait.

shane

FOR THAT MATTER.....

if anyone else has experience with the 200 AB in the 358 Win, I'd sure like to hear about it.

Mine is a Browning BLR.

shane

+1

I have a BLR too and, like you, can't find any. I also wanted to test drive them in my Whelen.

Ron

well, the 225's are a better fit for the Whelen. let me know if you're interested in the ones I have.

the 225's are just too heavy/long for the 358 Win.

I've traded email with the Nosler technician who manages their inbox, and he's in the same spot.... (has a .358 win blr and wants to try the 200's).

I suspect it'll be a while before demand subsides off the more common projectiles and they tool up to make another 200gr AB .358 run. :(

my search continues.

does anyone have any experience loading these for .358 Winchester?

if I cant load them, I'd at least like to live vicariously through somebody else.... :)

My .358 Win Hawkeye pushes the 225 AB to 2450fps with H4895. Great accuracy and zero pressure, I usually don't even have to lube my brass when resizing. I wish I could help with the 200's.

I don't think most of us have ran the 200 AB in the 358's as the mag length doesn't work real well with the 200. If you have a longer magazine, I can't see it not being a super bullet in the 358 Winchester. I know I was disappointed in not being able to use it in my 358 Win (BLR).

I'm using a BLR as well. I think they'll fit in my magazine. (if I can ever find any...)

Let me know how you make out. I'm running the 225 PTs right now but I'd give those 200's a try if they'd work.

my search continues. if anyone sees a box of these laying around for sale, please let me know.

thanks.

shane

I hope you are able to find some, they seem to be pretty tough to get these days.

I am not sure which side of the 49th you live on but I believe I have 2 or 3 boxes of the 200gr ABs.
Let me know and I will check for you :).

Blessings,
Dan

alas, I am south of you.... in Texas.

Unfortunately, in TX, we have very few critters that warrant .358" projectiles of any variety, so my local stores have very little available. And what they have available arent 200 AB's. :(

I am sorry my friend as they will not let us ship bullet south & vice versa :twisted:

Blessings,
Dan

yep. Gerry told me that. I didnt realize that was the case, either.

seems like a crazy rule, but we gotta play by them.

Man I hope someone can hook you up, if t wasn't for that border I would send you some. I know a bunch of guys on your side have tried them.

Was in our local shop this past Saturday and Daryl is talking that it could still take up to a year to get products on a regular bases.
It seems different areas are able to get only certain products :( I am trying to obtain RL-15 and it has basically dried up around Saskatchewan. The 2 lbs of IMR7828ssc that was supposed to be in this past Thursday but did not show up. Daryl seems to be confident that it will be here shortly but I am not so optimistic.
Good luck to everyone who is trying to find supplies!!!

Blessings,
Dan

since it appears I'll never find the projectiles I seek.....

if any of you have personal experience using the 200 AB in a 358 Win (ideally in a BLR), I'd MUCH appreciate a report. That way I can live vicariously through you..... and dream of days at the range with tiny groups and blistering (for a 358 win....) velocity....

or better yet, you can tell me that projectile/chambering stinks, and put me out of my misery... which would probably be better! =P

shane

I wished I could tell you about them but the 225 PT works so well I've not tried a 200 AB.

Back