Lyman bleacher blocks (loading blocks)

300WSM

Handloader
Dec 24, 2011
Absolutely positively love the new/newer bleacher blocks from Lyman

I own/tried most loading blocks such as RCBS, Hornady, MTM, etc...I always ran into an issue with pulling certain cases out of the blocks. I'm a big guy so maybe digits are too big I reckon....

but these bleacher blocks from Lyman are great!!!!
20221217_010827.jpg

3 sizes for rifle and 2 for pistol.
The three for rifle are1671258547235330694434507322080.jpgthe two for pistol are
.565 and .455

The Lyman bleacher block is all I use now.

Last edited:
That looks great. I've used flat blocks and recycled ammo carton blocks for years and have, from time to time knocked over fully charged cases when pulling out one to place a bullet in. This seems like it would reduce the chances of that by quite a bit.

Well... that and wearing short sleeves:oops:

That looks great. I've used flat blocks and recycled ammo carton blocks for years and have, from time to time knocked over fully charged cases when pulling out one to place a bullet in. This seems like it would reduce the chances of that by quite a bit.

Well... that and wearing short sleeves:oops:
Big time helps avoid that!!

A few years ago I picked up a RCBS Universal Case Loading Block. The best part it holds everything for me from 204 Ruger to 460 Wby. on one block.

I upgraded from the RCBS and MTM universal blocks couple years ago to the lyman bleacher blocks. I find them to be a huge improvement and very easy to keep my brass organized on the bench. I also like how not in use they can be flipped around at opposing angles and stacked.

A few years ago I picked up a RCBS Universal Case Loading Block. The best part it holds everything for me from 204 Ruger to 460 Wby. on one block.
I have those ones and the MTM's that are just like it. I thought great...wide range of cartridges...

But as with all loading blocks
the problem I always ran into is all cases on the same plane.

My only complaint with these bleacher blocks is they should've come out decades ago!!!

When simple stuff like this comes out in the industry it's very refreshing and makes you want to load and shoot all the more.

Back